hard lemonade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch1

Reaction score
does anyone have a good recipe for a hard lemonade, and the brewing instructions. I would greatly appreciate it.

2lbs. Corn Sugar
2lbs. clover honey
2lbs. light malt extract
6 cans frozen lemonade concentrate
* Optionial Fruit puree 2-3 lbs
6% ABV estimated

1 packet nottingham dried ale yeast

Bring 1.5 gallons of water to a boil. Add sugar, honey, and malt extract. Boil for 5 minutes. Chill the wort in a covered pot. When cooled pour ingredients into the primary fermentor. Top off with enough cooled water to make 5 gallons. Pitch yeast and ferment in the primary for about one week or until primary fermentation has completed. Add 6 cans of thawed lemonade concentrate to the secondary fermentor, you can also add any aseptic fruit puree you like at this point (think rasberry-lemonade). Rack the contents of the primary to the secondary until fermentation completes (usually about a week). Keg or bottle as normal but make sure to use a cheesecloth or steeping bag around end of siphon to filter out lemon/fruit particles.

Note: I know there are many processes for fruit/lemonade out there but this method works for me and bypasses the difficult initial ferment hard lemonade can have due to the high acidity levels by giving the yeast a head start in the primary.

2lbs. Corn Sugar
2lbs. clover honey
2lbs. light malt extract
6 cans frozen lemonade concentrate
* Optionial Fruit puree 2-3 lbs
6% ABV estimated

1 packet nottingham dried ale yeast

Bring 1.5 gallons of water to a boil. Add sugar, honey, and malt extract. Boil for 5 minutes. Chill the wort in a covered pot. When cooled pour ingredients into the primary fermentor. Top off with enough cooled water to make 5 gallons. Pitch yeast and ferment in the primary for about one week or until primary fermentation has completed. Add 6 cans of thawed lemonade concentrate to the secondary fermentor, you can also add any aseptic fruit puree you like at this point (think rasberry-lemonade). Rack the contents of the primary to the secondary until fermentation completes (usually about a week). Keg or bottle as normal but make sure to use a cheesecloth or steeping bag around end of siphon to filter out lemon/fruit particles.

Note: I know there are many processes for fruit/lemonade out there but this method works for me and bypasses the difficult initial ferment hard lemonade can have due to the high acidity levels by giving the yeast a head start in the primary.

Is this carbonated? if not, how would you recommend I carbonate??? Im going for that "mikes hard lemonade" type junk my wife likes... any ideas???

Thank you!

Back