No Adhesive - Beer Sleeves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k2zr2

Reaction score
http://www.noadhesive.com/products-page/uncategorized/beer-labels/

I searched and haven't seen any discussion on these. Remember to put the label on before the beer goes in. 200* water to shrink the plastic doesn't sound like a good idea full of beer.

Neat idea though, wanted to share. Not sure about advertising rules on HBT, but you can find deals on major marketplaces. A certain website with the name of a River basin in it.

"so just slide your bottle into the sleeves along with your paper label "

According to their website, it sounds to me like it's just a sleeve, not a label - you still have to design and print your own paper label, then put that in the boiling water to heat shrink it down on the bottle? Don't see how that will last up with ice water, or repeated uses.........Seems like expensive "glue".

thanks for sharing, seems like an interesting idea.
on the other hand, also seems like a lot more work.

I wonder how you keep the paper label straight. Tape? Then why not use a adhesive label? Neat idea. I like Guinness bottles because the plastic wrap cuts right off. Of coarse, I do that, then apply one of my labels on with adhesive.

Yea, I was kind of on the fence about them too. Neat idea. If you shop a little you can get 75 sleeves for $5 so they aren't really that expensive.

Prob just stick with glue sticks or milk myself, but wanted to share.

Hi all,
This is my product.
I'd be happy to answer the questions you guys have had but don't want to violate any board rules since I did not pay for the vendor account here. :cross:

I'm probably ok saying though that if you check the site out again there is a new video posted that will answer some questions. As well as free samples available.

Just need permission to answer I guess.....

Hi all,
This is my product.
I'd be happy to answer the questions you guys have had but don't want to violate any board rules since I did not pay for the vendor account here. :cross:

I'm probably ok saying though that if you check the site out again there is a new video posted that will answer some questions. As well as free samples available.

The video on your Products page has been removed by user.
I requested the free sample to check it out.

I think this might be a good option for bottles that are being handed out as gifts.

Thanks
Your the second person to not be able to access the video, but it works for other people.
Odd.

I saw the video, and requested samples. I received the samples, but have not tried them yet. Hopefully this weekend.

OK, I see a problem. The video on the initial web page says removed. Go to the video tab and it will play from there. I think that was the case when I first visited the site as well.

I figured it out.
Looks like a copy paste error that I left a couple lines of code of a Youtube video along with some other text I posted on that original link page. That video just wasn't supposed to be there. click on the video tab for the video. Oops....
Added a Faq link too for answers to questions.

Samples came in the mail today. The more I think about it, the more I think these will be great for gift bottles.

Wondering if a hair dryer would work to shrink these, too?

I tried my samples today. Took a few before I got it right. I think they are OK.

ForumRunner_20121013_163739.jpg

ForumRunner_20121013_163815.jpg

ForumRunner_20121013_163841.jpg

It's ok to answer questions here, and since the site has come up, you can post a link in this thread (and this thread only). However, please do not advertise your product outright without contacting the site admin (TxBrew). I do recommend investing in a vendor account if you plan on spending any significant time discussing the product here at HBT.

As to the topic at hand - if you can find clear heat shrink tubing in a 3 or 4 inch diameter (before shrinking), you can achieve the same effect. A bit of Googling shows that it may be tough to buy a small quantity at a reasonable price, but it's worth looking.

Thanks Yuri, got it.
I did add a FAQ section to the site with a lot of answers.
www.NoAdhesive.com then on the top of the page.

I can’t justify the cost of the vendor membership at this stage with only one product and a pretty low profit per sale at that. I have not ruled it out though. Just need to get an idea of the number of sales I might expect as a result. Or find vendors to sell my product themselves.

My first revision was 4" tubing actually good call.
I ended up switching to these bags for a few reasons.

1. Tubing didn't allow for the dip in hot water method. It was just a mess. Using a hair dryer to answer Lactardjosh does work if it is a higher quality one, otherwise I used a torch. It does take allot longer to apply that way, (Seriously it sucked to do that many of them.) and a lower quality finished product. But it does work. I couldn’t see people doing a whole batch using that method, and ever being a repeat customer. Hot water dip is the way to go by far.

2. Stock tubing comes in standard sizes. Sizes that don’t lend themselves ideal for some of the larger diameter beer and wine bottles. So I had to have custom diameter stock manufactured anyway, might as well make all sizes exactly ideal and then might as well pay the extra to have them seal one end.

Thanks Bigcorona for the pics. I’m betting the first couple slid down the bottle because you weren’t holding the top of the bag. But now that you got it, you would notice how quickly you can get through a whole batch. And really, the entire point of the product is realized when you are taking the label off. That’s when you are really going to like it.

Thanks Bigcorona for the pics. I’m betting the first couple slid down the bottle because you weren’t holding the top of the bag. But now that you got it, you would notice how quickly you can get through a whole batch. And really, the entire point of the product is realized when you are taking the label off. That’s when you are really going to like it.

Exactly what happened. Took me a couple to figure out I had to hold the top of the tube. After I finished with the samples I went back to check out the video. I saw that you were also holding the tube. Then I read the FAQ where you point this out.

My test was on filled and capped bottles. Because it is so fast, I do not see how there would be any effect on the brew. No heat noticed on the bottles on removal from the water bath.

For me the preferred use will be on bottles I give away to my friends. Not likely to label full batches. This is due to printing out the labeled, not the application of the tube.

I will be placing an order this week.

Thanks and good luck!

Latest posts

Back