Party pump to Ball lock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forcera

Reaction score
I was digging through some stuff and I found the party pump that I used in college. I was wondering if anyone had converted these to use ball lock fittings? I googled around and found a conversion kit, HERE. However it is for a normal keg coupler.

I think it would work if I get the correct fittings I'm just wondering if the party pump can take the pressure from a CO2 tank? I don't think it would be an issue but I'm just wondering.

I know it's for commercial beer but if I got a 1/6th barrel I would want to keep it in my kegerator.

tumblr_myom0sCefi1rkgt26o1_500.jpg

just naturally carb with corn sugar then hook the pump up for cask style ale

Sorry but that has nothing to do with what I'm trying to do. As I said I would want to use this if I got a 1/6th barrel of commercial beer so that I could have it in my kegerator.

Some party pumps thread on to the gas port of a normal coupler, which then can be removed to expose normal beer thread. This one looks like a one piece unit so no, it can't be used in the way you were hoping. Sell it to someone on Craigslist and get a standard coupler.

I was going to comment on the childish bickering also, but figured I'd just jump directly to actual info that was asked for. I'm hoping it's a case of late night drunken posting.

Some party pumps thread on to the gas port of a normal coupler, which then can be removed to expose normal beer thread. This one looks like a one piece unit so no, it can't be used in the way you were hoping. Sell it to someone on Craigslist and get a standard coupler.

Do you mean where the pump comes into the body of the coupler? The pump screws off there, right where the black gasket is between the two. The body of the coupler has a female thread there so my thinking was if I get a male to male fitting I could attach a gas post there. The beer out side would be another issue but since there is a picnic tap I could run with that for now. I don't plan on using this much but I would like to have the ability to have a commercial keg if I want.

While it looks like it may come apart, I agree with Bobby... Sell it on Craigslist and pick up a standard coupler. It would be much less of a headache in the long run.

Do you mean where the pump comes into the body of the coupler? The pump screws off there, right where the black gasket is between the two. The body of the coupler has a female thread there so my thinking was if I get a male to male fitting I could attach a gas post there. The beer out side would be another issue but since there is a picnic tap I could run with that for now. I don't plan on using this much but I would like to have the ability to have a commercial keg if I want.

I think that's just a disconnection point for servicing the pump itself. The ones I was thinking about are standard couplers and the pump part just has female beer thread on them. This unit you have is purpose built as a pump and no way I can see to convert to CO2 unless you had something custom made. You can get a new coupler for less than custom work.

Back