Punk Rock and Hardcore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in a punk band from 1981 till 1986, recently we have started getting back together to do some reuinion shows.

In 1984 we released a full 12' vinyl and toured with some cool bands, like Circle Jerks, Suicidal Tendencies, Corosion of Conformity, and Social Distortion and many others.

Our band was shocked to find our album selling on EBay for $ 200 , turns out we had an unknown fanbase of old school punks and our record was a classic, which was pretty cool.

62966_153856797978276_149842791713010_326249_2938859_n.jpg

Join us on Facebook here is you want:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...!/pages/American-Dream/149842791713010?v=wall

Comeback Kid - Broadcasting

I rarely dance for bands anymore. I'm the older guy in the back of the club actually watching the band. At least this is what I told myself before I saw Comeback Kid live. I couldn't help it, I had to get in the pit. It was amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a thread specifically designed for punk and hardcore. Discuss your favorite bands within these genres here. By punk I don't mean MxPx, Blink 182 or Good Charlotte. Let's keep it more along the lines of real punk/hardcore bands including, but not limited to The Ramones, The Clash, Sex Pistols, UK Subs, US Bombs, GBH, Pennywise, Good Riddance, Black Flag, Minor Threat, Comeback Kid, Have Heart, The Unseen, Casualties, Strife, Straight Faced, Avail, H2O, Cancer Bats, xLooking Forwardx, etc.

BTW, I searched the forum and found no thread of this kind. If I just missed it I apologize in advance.

xlooking forwardx so great. they posted a while back about touring, and both my friend and i wanted them to come to idaho. so we emailed them and set up dates and they played out our school. it was a defiantly awesome experience. they stayed in my dorm (i was the RA at the time) and we had many laughs and pranks while they were there for the night, a bunch of awesome dudes.

as for the hardcore.

defeater has been one of the bands that frequent my hearing list (sadly i saw them last year but missed most of the show to only see two songs)

This thread is reminding me of a lot of good shows and a lot of good times. Does anybody remember The Channel in Boston? I spent half of my childhood in that place.

Great thread! I grew up on DK, Social D, Ramones, the Clash, Sex Pistols, OPIV and the Dead Milkmen. In 20+ years, I still stick with those as my mainstay with some others thrown in over the years.

Some others yet to be mentioned: Sick Of It All, Gorilla Biscuits, Grey Area, the Business, Agnostic Front, Murphy's Law.

Has anyone listened to The Black Pacific? It's Jim Lindberg's new band. Jim was the long time lead singer of Pennywise up until last year.

Great thread! I grew up on DK, Social D, Ramones, the Clash, Sex Pistols, OPIV and the Dead Milkmen. In 20+ years, I still stick with those as my mainstay with some others thrown in over the years.

Some others yet to be mentioned: Sick Of It All, Gorilla Biscuits, Grey Area, the Business, Agnostic Front, Murphy's Law.

Oh, I loved Gorilla Biscuits. CIV was good, but it couldn't touch GB. I got my car stolen at a Murphy's Law show, how is that ironic.

Minute Men, Sonic Youth, Husker Du, The Specials, Clash, Clash, Clash, X, Rage Against The Machine, some times Camper Van Beethoven, or the Velvet Underground. The Gits could have been great. Consolidated...

And believe it or not, there were some old Pink Floyd cuts that were pretty punk.

Geno's used to get some great bands up from New York.

dfc, the sound track to your video reminded me it's been far too long since I got out to see a show. Who cares if I'm 40, married with 2 kids a house and a mountain of student debt. I need to go see a show and get sh***y on some PBRs, stumble home falling down drunk and puke on the steps. :rockin:

Brewing beer while listening to Casey Jones. :rockin:

Irony abound.

For those who don't get the irony, Casey Jones is a straightedge band. :D

can't believe on one mentioned dri yet. love this band
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dZK5PtWcHSM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dZK5PtWcHSM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Nice. I used to live in Dayton. Took my wife on our first date to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.

I think that's why she married me.

Anyway, their wall (in the basement) of all the 77 NYC punk stuff kept my attention for a good 30 minutes or more.

Nice. I used to live in Dayton. Took my wife on our first date to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.

I think that's why she married me.

Anyway, their wall (in the basement) of all the 77 NYC punk stuff kept my attention for a good 30 minutes or more.

cool. yeah the rock and roll hall of fame is a must visit. but right now I'd rather be anywhere but Ohio, its freeking COLD

Carhartt. Get the insulated overalls and the coat. I used to work outside in the winter in Ohio and with the Carhartt stuff I'd actually get hot.

I know, half my wardrobe saise carhartt on it

I've always been a fan of D.R.I.

OK, I HAVE to do this. I was trying to avoid it, but here goes.

This is the last band I was in.

This is freakin awesome!!! I had no idea there were a bunch of old punks lurking this forum and I am discovering new bands I never heard of as well as rediscovering some great bands from my youth :rockin:

How in hell has no one mentioned the right Reverend Horton Heat???

I love the psychobilly stuff...the Cramps are still one of my favorite bands. Hard to get Bikini Girls with Machine Guns, All Women Are Bad, or Creature from the Black Leather Lagoon outta your head!!!

I usually brew to my punk playlist that is loaded with...
Iggy Pop, Stooges, Vandals, Ramones, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Misfits, Sex Pistols, X, Descendents, Exploited, Circle Jerks, Cramps, Fugazi, even some Beastie Boys is great old school punk, Suicidal Tendencies, Bad Brains, Bad Religion, The Clash, MDC, Subhumans, Agnostic Front, The Slits, Minor Threat, The Cro-Mags, the Buzzcocks
Pogues and Violent Femmes are on the softer side of punk but still great bands. And can't forget the Irish punk like Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly.

Back