• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Corona Grain Mill-- Great for beginner brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmax25

Reaction score
My typical brews have now gotten way to large to try and hand mill all my grain with this mill. Just google Victoria grain mill or corona grain mill (I don't have a photo right now). Hand crank mill. I was using this mill to crush small grain bills and my speciality grains when I started with extract. Milling your own grain is not only cheaper but it results in better fresher beer and higher efficiency. If you're looking for a real entry grain mill....this is for you.

Online prices vary all across the board but I'm hoping to get 30 dollars for it. I'll cover shipping cost. PM with questions or if you're interested.

I am interested...however I do all-grain...I could be milling up to 15lbs of grain...would that work in a hand mill?

I'll say I do all grain and I've done up to 19lbs on my corona mill. Doing it by hand is laborious and torture, but hook a drill up to it and it does the trick just fine.

can you send me a picture and tell me how to hook it up to a drill and I will give you a check

I think hand milling is relaxing. My only complaint with my corona mill is the hopper size. I know I could easily fix it, but as the old saying goes, "if it's not broke, I'm to lazy to fix it."

An easy way to hook up a drill to a corona mill is get a bolt that fits the hole where the hand crank bolts on. Cut the bolt head off, screw what's left of the bolt in, and tighten the drill chuck on the bolt. You're good to go. If the chuck spins on the bolt, file the shank of the bolt into a square for it to grab onto.

I left the head on the bolt and use a socket bit on my drill to drive my mill. Stupid easy

I left the head on the bolt and use a socket bit on my drill to drive my mill. Stupid easy

I can't believe I didn't think of that. I have a knack for making things harder than they need to be.

Are you still planning on selling it? Where did you buy it, and does it say "500" under the hopper or something else?

I have already ordered 2 knock off "corona" mills from amazon to find that the grinding plate screws don't line up with the holes so the plate doesn't sit level and even with the other plate.

I will have to check what it says on the hopper. Not around the mill at the moment. Stay tuned.

Back