Stone Enjoy By 07/04 & RuinTen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MrNickVT said:
I'm pretty sure long trail make a triple IPA called triple bag!

A lot of breweries have "triple IPAs" (devil dancer?) and I have even seen a quadruple IPA. I am just curious what BJCP category triple IPA is, I have never seen that one. (I am not a BJCP nazi either, just don't get the double/triple/quadruple/etc name---they are all imperial IPAs to me).

A lot of breweries have "triple IPAs" (devil dancer?) and I have even seen a quadruple IPA. I am just curious what BJCP category triple IPA is, I have never seen that one. (I am not a BJCP nazi either, just don't get the double/triple/quadruple/etc name---they are all imperial IPAs to me).

The triples don't meet the guidelines for an imperial ipa

http://www.bjcp.org/2008styles/style14.php#1c

So who knows

Category 23...

Geremiah - I can get PtE occasionally here. I just tried my first one last week. DISCLAIMER: I am not an IPA guy.
So yeah, I thought it was overrated. It was excellent, but not the 'miracle in a bottle' I was expecting from all I've read.

Anyway, I'd be interested in picking up some fresh PtE for a swap, but not for IPA's and not for something I can pick up around here. I like a wide range of beer, just not overly-bitter, and I tend towards stuff with a little more body. I love hops, just in something with a lot more body than an IPA, like Lagunitas (one of my favorites) Lucky 13, WTF, Brown Shugga, Little Sump'n Wild, Undercover Shutdown Investigation.

Let me know what you've got up there and let's work out a swap. I imagine you get Lagunitas up there but maybe not the full selection. I stock most of there stronger beers to put a little age on them before I enjoy.

Geremiah - I can get PtE occasionally here. I just tried my first one last week. DISCLAIMER: I am not an IPA guy.
So yeah, I thought it was overrated. It was excellent, but not the 'miracle in a bottle' I was expecting from all I've read.

Anyway, I'd be interested in picking up some fresh PtE for a swap, but not for IPA's and not for something I can pick up around here. I like a wide range of beer, just not overly-bitter, and I tend towards stuff with a little more body. I love hops, just in something with a lot more body than an IPA, like Lagunitas (one of my favorites) Lucky 13, WTF, Brown Shugga, Little Sump'n Wild, Undercover Shutdown Investigation.

Let me know what you've got up there and let's work out a swap. I imagine you get Lagunitas up there but maybe not the full selection. I stock most of there stronger beers to put a little age on them before I enjoy.

We do get Lagunitas up here. The local Beer Shoppe has, I'd say, about 5 or 6 of their beers. I would imagine you get most if not more, being in California?

Yeah, I'm in the Sacramento area and we get a good selection of whatever they are shipping at the time. Many of their beers are seasonal, so I try to stock up and hold on to them, but I'm not always successful. :drunk:

glendora they are out now though

HB Costco had 9 cases left. Picked up two more bottles.

ForumRunner_20130628_172300.jpg

Dr. Phunk's Pipeworks Ninja vs. Unicorn was nothing more than a homebrew bottled in an old Ninja vs. Unicorn bottle. Made evident not only by the very lacking taste, but the bottle cap used.

I am not making this post lightly, I waited until I could secure another bottle of NvsU to compare to before making this post. Just thought this community should know...

Geremiah said:
Dr. Phunk's Pipeworks Ninja vs. Unicorn was nothing more than a homebrew bottled in an old Ninja vs. Unicorn bottle. Made evident not only by the very lacking taste, but the bottle cap used. I am not making this post lightly, I waited until I could secure another bottle of NvsU to compare to before making this post. Just thought this community should know...

If you wanna get real then let's talk about the free PTE I sent you and extras and you didn't even have the courtesy to leave positive feedback when that was all I asked for in return. After everyone bashed you on this thread I felt bad and offered this gesture out of kindness, now I feel I was taken advantage of. Not to mention the return package you stated you wanted to send and never did. I guess what comes around goes around in life. At least you got what you were originally in search of without having to reciprocate!

BeerMeDuffMan said:
::pulls up a chair:: this is gonna be good

I'm not looking to put on a show, but DrPhunk (although I've never traded with him) has a lot of positive feedback. The OP joined, got bashed, was hooked up (by me), and has no credibility. So If he's gonna call out a guy with a positive track record, I'm gonna throw out there what type of trader he portrayed himself to be to me.

Haven't been logged on in awhile, hence the time-frame between the original post andl now..

I sent 3 types of Washington IPA to you, maybe I can dig the tracking number up but I just assumed you got them.

I sent: Spacedust IPA, No-Li Born & Raised, and a can of Bale Breaker Topcutter IPA.

I can and will leave positive feedback for you. I didn't realize that's all you wanted in return.
...and if you are honestly saying you didn't receive them I can send another No-Li and Bale Breaker to you. Spae Dust was a seasonal. You showed me great kindness and I would never turn my back on someone like that.

Geremiah said:
Haven't been logged on in awhile, hence the time-frame between the original post andl now.. I sent 3 types of Washington IPA to you, maybe I can dig the tracking number up but I just assumed you got them. I sent: Spacedust IPA, No-Li Born & Raised, and a can of Bale Breaker Topcutter IPA. I can and will leave positive feedback for you. I didn't realize that's all you wanted in return. ...and if you are honestly saying you didn't receive them I can send another No-Li and Bale Breaker to you. Spae Dust was a seasonal. You showed me great kindness and I would never turn my back on someone like that.

I did ask for feedback to be left in one of the messages I sent, but never received It or a response to that PM for that matter. And if you sent a return package, which wasn't my issue, I never received it. So either was never sent or sent to another address. And I was never provided with a tracking #. Not looking for a package in return. Just don't like seeing a guy with a good track record being bashed with no proof to back up your statement.

Ed, in fact your message was still sitting unread in my inbox. My apologies. Again, I haven't logged on for about 3 months..

Dr. Phunk's Pipeworks Ninja vs. Unicorn was nothing more than a homebrew bottled in an old Ninja vs. Unicorn bottle. Made evident not only by the very lacking taste, but the bottle cap used.

I am not making this post lightly, I waited until I could secure another bottle of NvsU to compare to before making this post. Just thought this community should know...

You do know they changed their bottle caps about two months ago, right?

And its also possible that you just got a bad bottle. Ive had to dump a bottle of unicorns revenge cause it was horrendous, and its normally phenomenal.

Lastly, did you try to work this out with drphunk before posting this comment?

Geremiah said:
Dr. Phunk's Pipeworks Ninja vs. Unicorn was nothing more than a homebrew bottled in an old Ninja vs. Unicorn bottle. Made evident not only by the very lacking taste, but the bottle cap used. I am not making this post lightly, I waited until I could secure another bottle of NvsU to compare to before making this post. Just thought this community should know...

WTF are you talking about?

First off, there's no way in hell I'd ever even consider sending someone a homebrew in place of a commercial, especially not of a brewery that I respect as much as pipeworks.

Secondly, why is this the first I've heard of this issue? If you had a problem with a beer I sent, you could have contacted me directly and I could've attempted to make it right. But instead I needed to be told about this thread from a respectable HBTer so that I even knew you were in here talking ****.

Pipeworks changed their bottle caps pretty recently from a plain black cap to a branded cap.

You're kind of looking like a d-bag here with no ground to stand on. In the future if you have a problem with someone/something maybe you should man up and contact them. For now, I don't expect you to drop my name around here again unless it's an apology.

Have a great night.

DrPhunk said:
WTF are you talking about? First off, there's no way in hell I'd ever even consider sending someone a homebrew in place of a commercial, especially not of a brewery that I respect as much as pipeworks. Secondly, why is this the first I've heard of this issue? If you had a problem with a beer I sent, you could have contacted me directly and I could've attempted to make it right. But instead I needed to be told about this thread from a respectable HBTer so that I even knew you were in here talking ****. Pipeworks changed their bottle caps pretty recently from a plain black cap to a branded cap. You're kind of looking like a d-bag here with no ground to stand on. In the future if you have a problem with someone/something maybe you should man up and contact them. For now, I don't expect you to drop my name around here again unless it's an apology. Have a great night.
Even if he should happen to drop your name again, who cares? He has no credibility. You're a solid trade partner and a great guy. Who's gonna say that for him?

Back