My Modest Basement Pub.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barneygumble

Reaction score
I cant compete with rvklein, but here it is. All built from scratch by yours truly from a semi unfinished space. Total cost of initial build was @$5k. Bar itself cost about $2k. Since these pics were taken, I've moved my taps up to a tower, installed a bar sink and drip tray draining to it, and lit the thing. I had a Pats Flying Elvis and edging etched into the mirror, and I purchased a new sofa. These pics were immediately after the build, so some of this stuff was still waiting to happen at the time.

26482_107722462591297_100000606313786_133402_60820_n.jpg

A stripper pole is a good idea, but wood may not be the best material for long term use.

A stripper pole is a good idea, but wood may not be the best material for long term use.

Right?:D

I covered the support column with a wrap instead of building it in.

Like I said, it is what it is, but I like it and it was in my budget.

Looks good!!

Did it cost must to have the mirror etched? How did you find a place to do it? I would like to do that on my bar build but need to get my logo done.

Looks good!!

Did it cost must to have the mirror etched? How did you find a place to do it? I would like to do that on my bar build but need to get my logo done.

It wasn't cheap. But not bad considering what I've heard elsewhere. Took it to a local glass shop. Just over $200 for the etching. I think they sent it out.

I find it odd that your basement is above the neighboring houses.
Looks good though, I perfect man-cave if you ask me!

lol. I was kinda going :mad: with the roof comments, then I looked where you guys are from!:D

You are all flatlanders!:ban: If you ever lived in serious hill or mountain country, it would not confuse you. The roads run sideways across a hill or mtn. with larger connecting roads running up and down the hill. So if you live on the third street up the hill, you would be looking down on the roofs of a half dozen houses in front of you, if there are no trees to block the view. Fences are too short to block that view.

I live on the lowest street and the other side of the road is not sloped at all. My side sees the land rise for the first time.

Oh and edit: I have about a foot or so of foundation showing behind the house and about 4 feet showing in the front. Big enough for those windows!

And thanks for the complements! I cant wait to go home and watch the B's (recorded) and pull a pint!

I actually live on a hill also and see plenty of houses below me. Around here though, there aren't too many basements except maybe for custom homes. Those few that do have them, generally have them underground though.

I actually live on a hill also and see plenty of houses below me. Around here though, there aren't too many basements except maybe for custom homes. Those few that do have them, generally have them underground though.

When you build a house on a hill with a basement, in order to keep the house level, the basement is built with the walls a little higher, with progressively more foundation exposed as the hill slopes away from the house. This creates a "walkout" design for the basement. I have a garage under as well. The earth was excavated away on that portion of the house and a garage installed.

Looks good!!

If you want to go the DIY route for this, check this out:

http://www.armourproducts.com/ecom-catshow/Armour_Etch.html

you create a stencil (or have one made) and then put this etching cream on the glass, then rinse it off and remove your stencil.

Works great for making custom pub glassware, too.

Back