Cleaning equipment for storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Tex

Reaction score
I just finished bottling my first batch last night, thanks everyone for all the help! I tried some and it tasted pretty good, can't wait for it to finish priming.

So now I'm wondering what sort of clean up I should do now that I'm done? As for the buckets, OxiClean? Bleach? Just rinse it? I read you're not supposed to scrub, but should I use a sponge or rag instead or nothing?

Thanks again!
CT

I use hot water, maybe a little oxiclean and a soft sponge...and have had no problems. When cleaning thcarboy, I use the same equipment, but substitute the sponge for a carboy brush.

I soak just used buckets and carboys in bleach water, 5 tbls for 5 gals. Let them soak overnight, then rinse with hot water. That'll do most of the cleaning for you, so you can just hit it with a sponge/carboy brush, re-rinse, and it's all good.

I've been thinking the same thing. Rinsing out and cleaning with a sponge just isn't getting the job done. My primary (bucket) has become a bit stained and smells like stale beer and hops. So, I've been thinking of letting it soak in bleach water to clean it up a bit.

Anyways, my question is, do you use regular bleach or non-chlorine bleach?

Latest posts

Back