mini fridge problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pivot

Reaction score
hi I am looking to turn a mini fridge i own into a kegerator. i measured it and it seems to just barely be big enough to fit a single corny keg inside if I managed to take out the small freezer component inside of it. Is it possible to take this thing out? is it hard to do so?

Probably not possible, as the cooling coils are most likely built into the freezer. Some people have bent the freezer out of the way. Others have tried and snapped the cooling lines.

You might consider getting a 3 gallon cornie. They aren't as cheap as a used 5 gallon, but I suspect they are less than a new fridge.

It's possible to make a nice little keggerator from your mini fridge. I did it with a 3.6cf Magic Chef. Look on the right side of the fridge compartement behind the wooden cuff on the front of the fridge, you will see the freezer/ice chamber straightened and hang down on the side.
Keggerator_Build_006.jpg

Back