Branden O's Graff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunarpancake

Reaction score
I am going to be making the graff soon and was curious what are my options for the apple juice/cider to add? Do i need fresh unpasteurized or can I go with 100% apple juice from the local grocery? What should I look to get from the grocery......Wegmans specifically if anyone shops there.

Thanks!

I typically use groc store stuff. Just make sure its "not from concentrate" and does not have preservatives (Citric Acid is ok). My favorite so far is Musslemans.

just bought 12 qt of wegmans brand 100% apple juice ingredients say Apple Juice, and Ascorbic Acid.

and 4 qt of "natural style" wegmans apple juice with same ingrediants.

Yea I would have gotten fresh pressed stuff but my brewing buddy was coming over in 30 min and the press is about 30 min away. So store bought it was for us lastnight. Im sure itll turn out great, and I can redo it with fresh press later on to see the difference!

Im a tiny tiny bit worried when I was boiling the wort with the hops in it there was zero frothing. In a video I watched of someone making the branden O graff he had to keep an eye on his wort to make sure the froth did not boil over. Im sure im just being over-protective of my new baby but we'll see in 2-4 weeks how it tastes :)

Back