Blichmann Boilermaker replacement o-ring sizes (McMaster-Carr)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markgm

Reaction score
I've been trying to track down the o-ring sizes for the Blichmann Boilermaker pots and all I found online were other people asking the same question. When I emailed John the response that I (and others) got was that they're sold by various vendors. Not wanting to spend $6.99 a set for my 4 pots, I took one apart and measured them. Here are the equivalent McMaster-Carr parts. There are 5 different sizes, 1 size is the same as what the Corny keg posts use, so you may already have some.

BrewMometer: 9396K24 $10.71/100 (Same as Corny keg posts, site glass top and bottom furthest from site glass)
OuterValve: 9396K66 $10.90/100
Inner Valve: 9396K25 $11.42/100 (Same as site glass top and bottom against pot)
Site glass block (4 in each block)
Top and bottom clean out: 9396K17 $5.69/100
Top and bottom against pot: 9396K25 $11.42/100 (same as inner valve)
Top and bottom closest to site glass: 9396K26 $11.44/100
Top and bottom furthest from site glass: 9396K24 $10.71/100 (Same as BrewMometer and Corny keg posts)

For a complete set, order:
9396K24
9396K66
9396K25
9396K17
9396K26
Total cost is $46.43 (same price as ~7 replacement sets) for 33 replacements ($1.41 a set) with 17 extra 9396K66, 9396K26, and 9396K17(probably the easiest to lose).

42 Gallon Conical 42 Gallon Fermenator
Racking Arm: 9561K31
Bulkhead fitting for Tri-Clamp models: 9557K156 (1 3/8 OD) or 9557K158 (1 1/2 OD)

1/2 and 3/8 Quick Disconnects: 9396K208 $7.31/50

An excellent resource! Thanks for your time.

Any idea about the part number for replacing the washers that hold the o-rings, specifically the ball valve o-ring?

Thanks!

For the record, I ordered the 9396K67 for the outer valve connection (between the valve and the pot), and they were too big. Instead of sitting inside the keeper washer, they were the same size as the keeper washer, and tended to get mooshed out of the assembly when things were tightened a bit. That led to a slow but consistent leak.

9396K66 was the correct size for me. I have the 30gal pots, although I doubt there's any difference, as it's all 1/2" NPT anyway.

For the record, I ordered the 9396K67 for the outer valve connection (between the valve and the pot), and they were too big. Instead of sitting inside the keeper washer, they were the same size as the keeper washer, and tended to get mooshed out of the assembly when things were tightened a bit. That led to a slow but consistent leak.

9396K66 was the correct size for me. I have the 30gal pots, although I doubt there's any difference, as it's all 1/2" NPT anyway.

I'll update my post, thanks. Sorry about that.

Thanks for this! Very helpful. Just received a pack of these today and they fit perfectly.

I know...this is a VERY old thread. But, I just lost the o-ring that secures the dip tube into the bulkhead, the little ring that holds it in the groove. Any idea on what number that part is?

Hopefully these pictures will help.

block.jpg

cleanout.jpg

site glass.jpg

Wow! Thanks for the work with the pictures. That is SUPER HELPFUL! I really tried to understand the names you gave each o-ring. "Inner Valve" is exactly what you said it was, I just didn't understand. Well a picture is worth...not buying the sets from Blichmann at crazy mark ups. :)

Received my O-Rings in the mail. I checked the two O-Rings on the new G2 Linear Flow Valve with O-Rings used elsewhere on the BoilerMaker. The outermost O-Ring (closest to the pointy end) is slightly smaller than 9396K24 but it works fine...no issues as far as I can tell. The O-Ring closest to the handle is an exact match for 9396K25. Taking a cue from markgm...here's a picture.

Blichmann Linear Flow Valve O-Rings.jpg

I asked the folks over at Blichmann about the tiny o-ring and washer between the Pot and the Ball Valve.
response was.
The O-ring is S70-019
The washer has an inside diameter of 0.938", Outside Diameter of 1.15", and thickness of 0.048".

Has anybody figured out the size and/or McMaster-Carr number for the o-ring that goes against the wall of the BoilerMaker pot and sets just inside the back of the linear flow valve?

As best I can tell, the inside wall of the the groove the o-ring sits in is 23mm and the outside wall is 29mm.

For reference, it's the o-ring in these images:
kettles-and-all-grain-equipment-blichmann-g2-linear-flow-valve-1_1024x1024.jpg

linear-flow-valve-2031516103721.jpg

Does anyone know what size the oring which is "inside" the ring between the three-piece valve and the kettle on the older Blichmanns?

Not Mcmaster-carr numbers, but "O-ring-numbers". Like the one you find on oringsandmore.com

The 9396K24 o-ring for the linear flow valve must have changed. That size is too big for the linear flow valve I have on my rip tide. If I can figure out the McMaster part number I’ll post back.

I only use oringsandmore.com. It's pretty easy to find out which oring you need if you measure it, and compare it to their charts. It seems like the O-ring in the pic four posts above is a 211 if my memory serves me correct. I believe I order 211 for everything which is 1/2". But do your research, start with 211. I believe this is correct.

I only use oringsandmore.com. It's pretty easy to find out which oring you need if you measure it, and compare it to their charts. It seems like the O-ring in the pic four posts above is a 211 if my memory serves me correct. I believe I order 211 for everything which is 1/2". But do your research, start with 211. I believe this is correct.
Thank you for the heads up. I'll check them out for my next o-ring order. I must say these o-rings came in filthy and I don't think I want my beer to come in contact with them.

It appears that these smaller O-rings might be 110 (9/16" OD x 3/8" ID @ 3/32" cross section width). I'll report back once I test them out.

Received my O-Rings in the mail. I checked the two O-Rings on the new G2 Linear Flow Valve with O-Rings used elsewhere on the BoilerMaker. The outermost O-Ring (closest to the pointy end) is slightly smaller than 9396K24 but it works fine...no issues as far as I can tell. The O-Ring closest to the handle is an exact match for 9396K25. Taking a cue from markgm...here's a picture.

View attachment 300889
It appears that the 9396k24 is not quite the right size for my rip tide pump linear valve (small O-ring). The size that fits mine is a -110. I think it is quite possible that they changed the design of the linear flow valve a bit since the posting of this thread. These are the Dash sizes that I found work for the riptide pumps that I just purchased:

-143 large o-ring that seals the body to the head
http://www.oringsandmore.com/silicone-o-rings-size-143-price-for-5-pcs/

-112 is the larger o-ring on the linear flow valve (9396K25 McMaster as pictured if you want to pay more than O-rings and more)
http://www.oringsandmore.com/silicone-o-rings-size-112-price-for-50-pcs/

-110 for the smaller o-ring on the linear flow valve
http://www.oringsandmore.com/silicone-o-rings-size-110-price-for-50-pcs/

Props to Smellyglove for the www.oringsandmore.com plug. I will order all of my o-rings from them from now on.

Back