Forcecarb question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbhistory

Reaction score
After reading instructions on how to force carb I attached my regulator to the "out post" on my ball lock corney to start my process, the realized it wasn't going to be removed easily, I removed it with a pair of vice grips and a hammer, then went to take off the quick release from my tap and realized I can't. So my question is this.... Does running the co2 through the out and thus bubbling through the beer really make a difference? Or should I just run it through the in?

No. Some people swear it does- but unless you're using a carbonation stone or something that will make the bubbles smaller to diffuse into the beer, it doesn't make a bit of difference.

If you're in a HUGE hurry, connect the keg the normal way in the kegerator, and set the psi on the regular to 30. After 36 hours, purge and reset to 12 psi (or whatever your system needs, probably 11-13 psi) and then you should be drinking this beer.

Yooper said:
No. Some people swear it does- but unless you're using a carbonation stone or something that will make the bubbles smaller to diffuse into the beer, it doesn't make a bit of difference.

If you're in a HUGE hurry, connect the keg the normal way in the kegerator, and set the psi on the regular to 30. After 36 hours, purge and reset to 12 psi (or whatever your system needs, probably 11-13 psi) and then you should be drinking this beer.

You are a god among men sir....... I'm not in a hurry at all. I'm going the slow forced carb route because I am tired of getting inconsistent carbs using corn sugar. Thank you for your help!

One difference it makes is you create an opportunity to get beer in your CO2 lines if the carb'd keg is jostled or you drop the pressure from your tank.

The gurgling of bubbles up through the beer certainly sounds productive. But I agree with Yooper, that's the only change.

You are a god among men sir....... I'm not in a hurry at all. I'm going the slow forced carb route because I am tired of getting inconsistent carbs using corn sugar. Thank you for your help!

"Sir"? :drunk: I guess that's just an expression, like "buddy" or "pal"? :p

Cuz Ma'am does sound really weird, I know.

"Sir"? :drunk: I guess that's just an expression, like "buddy" or "pal"? :p

Cuz Ma'am does sound really weird, I know.

Lol. Maybe it's the new avatar?

Seriously though. I get in trouble constantly for calling women Ma'am. "I'm NOT a MA'AM!" is a common response. I tell them my Grandpa will come out of the grave and get me if I don't show respect.

The funny thing is I thought about it directly after posting..... I am so sorry Yooper..... By the way any recommendations on a beer that goes well with the foot I'm currently eating, or what might go well with oxygen once I pull my head out of my a$$?

The funny thing is I thought about it directly after posting..... I am so sorry Yooper..... By the way any recommendations on a beer that goes well with the foot I'm currently eating, or what might go well with oxygen once I pull my head out of my a$$?

LOL! No problem at all- I thought it was funny.

In many ways, I'm glad I'm just "one of the guys" around here, but I couldn't help teasing you a little. :D

Latest posts

Back