Something WAY more important then smoking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cake or Pie?

• Cake, of course

• Pie . . . Cake is for the French

• too busy drooling to decide

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pumbaa

I prefer 23383
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Our smoking poll is now approaching 2 months old, and IMHO we have beaten that dead horse WAY too long. So let us now discuss something that is much more important . . . .

Cake or Pie?

Uh, I'm a sucker for a good pumpkin pie, but cake includes cheesecake and NOTHING is better than that.

Plus my wife makes THE best pumpkin cheesecake in the world, so I have the best of both worlds. :p

Dude said:
Uh, I'm a sucker for a good pumpkin pie, but cake includes cheesecake and NOTHING is better than that.

Plus my wife makes THE best pumpkin cheesecake in the world, so I have the best of both worlds. :p

I diagree about cheesecake actually being a cake. I would argue that it is closer to a pie, despite what the name might advertise.

Hmmm... perhaps a thread to decide if cheesecake is more like a cake or more like a pie?

-walker

Cake!

I can only stand about three kinds of pie: pumpkin, raspberry, and key lime. Others are nasty!

Dude said:
All I can think of when viewing this thread is the obese chick on Deuce Bigalow...
Cakes and pies, cakes and pies!!!!!!!!!

i thought it was "beans 'n franks, beans 'n franks"...oh...wait....that was a guy......:D

Walker said:
I diagree about cheesecake actually being a cake. I would argue that it is closer to a pie, despite what the name might advertise.

AB* aggress with you on that, cheese cake is techically a custard pie.

I love pies (including cheese cake)

Kai

*Alton Brown

Well, if Alton feels that way, then it HAS to be true.

Any of you care to argue with Alton Brown? Huh?

I didn't THINK so....

-walker

Gotta be Pie! Sweet AND savoury versions....so versatile. Whoever's heard of a savoury cake!!! Oh bugger.... Fishcakes.......:D

Pie (and cheesecake). Except the wife likes cake. I think the ladies like cake more than pie personally. Yea, cake is in my house more than pie.

I used to make homemade pies; crust and all just to get some darn pies in the house. Too much work and not enough reward unlike brewing BEER!

I think of wild currant pie and I drool; then I think of red velvet cake and I drool; then I think of rhubarb pie and I drool; then I think of chocolate cake with chocolate icing and I drool; then I think of . . . . . . . . . . . . . I had to vote too busy drooling to choose.:D

Nothing as good as a hot slice of apple pie right out of the oven with a dollup of vanilla ice cream drolling over the top! Yummmmm

DeejayDebi said:
Nothing as good as a hot slice of apple pie right out of the oven with a dollup of vanilla ice cream drolling over the top! Yummmmm

Pie bitches!!!!

Dont forget a couple of thin slices of cheddar cheese on top before the ice cream.

That's right CF! And you have to let the cheese melt slightly before adding the icecream.

if there werent women on this site ocasionally I would have to mention that pie has to be greater then cake . . . you ever hear of hair cake?:rolleyes:

"let them eat cake.... can i have another slice of that deeelicious apple pie? one more scoop of ice cream please." - Marie Antoinette

3 words, chocolate lava cake. The only good thing my wife ever brought home from a Pampered Chef party. Basically, it's chocolate cake made in a bunt pan and you add the chocolate icing in with the cake batter and bake it. The icing gets all warm and oozes down through all of the cake. Holy crap this stuff is good.....

Pie, man- gotta have rhubarb or apple. I don't have birthday cake, I have birthday Pie. Stick a candle in it and hand it over. And don't forget the ice cream. Oh , I love cheesecake, too. With crushed pineapples on it. MMMMMMMM.........

Back