If I re-lived life I'be a hippy.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan

I’m not wrong. I’m left handwriting
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Can't go back in time. Crappy video quality coming up. I could have been a hippy. Love, good will and peace. Maybe some VDs that came along with the free love. But smurf! What's wrong with a world coming together in peace?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a pseudo-hippy for a while. Never really got to far into it but used to like to go to music festivals, play in crappy jam sessions and just generally do nothing. I never looked the part much. I mean, I wore sandals with shorts and t-shirts of bands but that's not too far out of the ordinary. It's not like I grew dreds (shudders at the thought of that).

Oh, and Frisbee golf. So much Frisbee golf. Which is still totally awesome!

I once had a little boy come up to me at a restaurant and ask me if I was a real hippie. Never too late in life to turn over a new leaf. Uncover your inner hippie.

Being a hippie might sound like fun to you but wasting your life and pissing off people who are productive isn't really a good use of your time here on this earth.

Hard to argue that! I'm not one. Never will be. Just playing around.

The free love doesn't sound all bad, but I remember when I was working down in central Idaho on a hot summer day and some hippies came into the restaurant where I was eating.
Half the building cleared out from the smell.
There was a gal with them that was fairly cute, but free would not a been a good enough offer with the way she smelled.
Hippies aren't big on bathing.

The free love doesn't sound all bad, but I remember when I was working down in central Idaho on a hot summer day and some hippies came into the restaurant where I was eating.
Half the building cleared out from the smell.
There was a gal with them that was fairly cute, but free would not a been a good enough offer with the way she smelled.
Hippies aren't big on bathing.

Pretty sure they're anti-gun too... Combination is a [total] deal killer for me... :D

Damn granola-crunchers... GET OFF MY LAWN!! :D

What's with the hippie hate? The only people hippies piss off are people that don't like hippies. :fro: They're all for peace, love and good music. If that pisses you off then you're a total choad.

I don't think those are the right definitions of a hippie, a hippie, not a gypsy!!!

Being a hippie might sound like fun to you but wasting your life and pissing off people who are productive isn't really a good use of your time here on this earth.

Growing up in the late 60's early 70's I was a somewhat hippie. The trouble was when the "moochers" adopted the lifestyle, anyone who could grow long hair and was more interested in the drugs started mingling. All they were interested in was taking a hit off you. And stealing. I think by 1972 the culture was dead.

Speaking of guns, you should stick to your guns Dan. I'd be proud to be a hippie. Unless that means having to take LSD in which case I'd have to settle for whatever the hippie equivalent of an amish mennonite is.

I suppose when I posted this thread I was thinking about when I was a young kid in the 60's. Hippies abounded that period. Didn't notice them stinking. I was young, if they smelled they smelled like the flowers they all had around them. 40 years later hippies stink? Well that's a long time to go with out a bath.

Speaking of guns, you should stick to your guns Dan. I'd be proud to be a hippie. Unless that means having to take LSD in which case I'd have to settle for whatever the hippie equivalent of an amish mennonite is.

There were hippies before LSD was popular, just be that kind of hippie.

I did laugh when I read that. It's true but it was funny to read.

Anybody anti gun is anti my lifestyle.

Damned straight brothah... :D

To me, hippie lifestyle just means relaxing and just chillin' more often. Nothing to do with whether or not you enjoy your firearms.

Pretty sure you went from hippie to 'stoner' there. :eek: :D

I suppose when I posted this thread I was thinking about when I was a young kid in the 60's. Hippies abounded that period. Didn't notice them stinking. I was young, if they smelled they smelled like the flowers they all had around them. 40 years later hippies stink? Well that's a long time to go with out a bath.

Isn't that about the same span people in Bangalore go? :eek: :cross:

Was just trying to give Golddiggie a hard time, because of the way he ribs me, did the quote thing the wrong way, but fixed it...

I don't know what's up anymore. End of living through another end of the world, life? I'm getting a bit nuts. And the threads lately on HBT seem to increase that ten-fold.

Well we've seen that BobbiLynn is REALLY into the grow your own thing so....... it might just explain some of the pointless ramblings.

Just saying.

I don't know what's up anymore. End of living through another end of the world, life? I'm getting a bit nuts. And the threads lately on HBT seem to increase that ten-fold.

Yes, we lived through another end of the world. And look, we're all still here!!! Smile!!!:cross:

Likely story....but that's ok. It's not like this is a dry forum or anything......I think I'll put on some Hendrix.

Good music... relax, Dan, you can pretend to be a hippie for a few days, zombies won't eat you alive.

Do you think it's part of your job description to follow me around and correct me when you think I use the incorrect term for something?

Yes, actually, it is... :p
Seriously Bobbi....you need to lay off the acid :fro:
'nuf said.

Was just trying to give Golddiggie a hard time, because of the way he ribs me, did the quote thing the wrong way, but fixed it...
Try all you want... Better people have tried, and failed. :eek: :D :p

Oh I get it..........you're in the shed again aren't you? :tank:

Just a quick visit... see what all is going on out here... "tasting" some stuff...

So, they've finished the installation of the padded walls then? Thought so. :eek: :D

So, they've finished the installation of the padded walls then? Thought so. :eek: :D

Yes, my friends came over and helped me fix up the inside. Dan, if you really are going nuts, do you want to come see the inside of the shed?

Yes, my friends came over and helped me fix up the inside. Dan, if you really are going nuts, do you want to come see the inside of the shed?

Know what BobbiLynn? That would be a lot of fun. Ahemm is there a double meaning to your post? I'd just like to check out your shed. Love the pics of your garden. You are quite a natural person. Sure you're not a hippy?

Know what BobbiLynn? That would be a lot of fun. Ahemm is there a double meaning to your post? I'd just like to check out your shed. Love the pics of your garden. You are quite a natural person. Sure you're not a hippy?

Can't put a label on me, babe.

Dan said:

That's exactly what I thought, when I wondered in here ;)

What the heck, are you trying to break our eardrums? Hendrix, man, Hendrix.

Back