Is my beer ruined

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickT1

Reaction score
My lager has been fermenting for 8 days with perfect temp control. Measured the gravity last night it was at 1.004

Came home from work today and the kids had unplugged the fridge. Temp was sitting at 73 ! Not sure for how many hours.

What do you guys think is the best way forward ?

Drop temp to ideal range and continue primary fermentation ?

Do D rest for 2 days then lager ?

At 1.004 I think your primary is done. Was 73 the temp of the beer or just your fridge? It can take a while for a 5 gallon batch to get to room temperature

Yeast stress only cause minor flaws in beer. Bring back to right temp and not worry

The beer was sitting at 73. Think ill drop the temp down for a couple more days before a D rest the lager.

Don't drop it down. It's nearly at FG. The yeast will fall out if you do. Keep it where it is for D-rest, then rack off and lager.

Just curious what's your thoughts of lagering in the primary !

No issues if it will be a relatively short period, like a few weeks. If you plan on long-term aging, you'd likely want to get it off the yeast cake.

Back