Maryland Bulk Order

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Duke Six

Reaction score
Looking for people in the Maryland area to do a bulk grain order. This way we can split the shipping costs. I'm thinking of going through North County, but I am open to ideas.

http://www.northcountrymalt.com/index.html

Its $105 per pallet. And they'll load up to 2130 lbs of malt. I'll probably get about 300 lbs myself.

Either reply to the post or send me a private message

I'm located in the Annapolis area.

Do either Annapolis HomeBrew or Maryland HomeBrew do bulk orders? If so, we should do it from them, supporting local folks, etc. (I might get in on it, then)

I talked to the guy at Annaopils Home Brew and he said they will do bulk orders, but they still want a little over $1 a lb. Have't asked MD Homeb brew about it though.

Check out North Country Malt. Their flat pallet rate is $105 to Maryland plus a $18.38 fuel surcharge for a total of $123.38 for the pallet. If you can get enough people together for 42 bags, your freight would be $2.94 per bag.

A 55# bag of 2 Row Pale would cost you $21.64 delivered. That's just a tad over $0.39 per pound.

Go for it. Get guys to commit to 4 bags and you'll do it in no time.

Ahh, Bulk Grain, how sweet it is. Here's what 495 pounds of it looks like in the back of a Tahoe.

BulkMalt.jpg

I live out on the North Side of Baltimore, and if we could find some middle ground to meet for pickup, I would certainly be in for a few bags.

Back