Venison tenderloins

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a picture of tonight's dinner. Fresh venison tenderloin medallions in a bourbon/mustard sauce served over fresh noodles. A bottle of homemade malbec rounded out the meal. Following coffee, an IPA (with simcoe hops from Hugh_Jass) will be served.
DSCF2160.jpg

DSCF2162.jpg

dayum - looks awesome. Hook a sister up with that bourbon/mustard sauce recipe.

I always just marinade my venison tenderloin with balsamic vinegar and wine - bourbon sounds interesting.

It was supereasy! I just mixed up some soysauce, honey, dijon mustard, and bourbon to taste and used that for the marinade for the tenderloins. Then, I used excess marinade (I made plenty) to boil down a bit and thickened with a bit of cornstarch. That was it. I browned the onions slightly and added the venison until it was medium rare, and then added the mushrooms and the sauce I had made. The venison was by that point a nice medium.

No- I didn't even think about soba, but that would have been great!

These are frozen egg noodles that Bob buys occasionally from the store, called Ream's. They taste like fresh homemade noodles. We only have them occasionally (trying to not eat white flour) but they are so good!

sounds like a good sauce...I just bagged 2 deer here in WI last week deer hunting and made some backstraps last night...I made a roux with some blackberry brandy, chicken stock, season salt and some flour...and let it thicken and then poured it over the deer meet that had been sauteed in olive oil with mushrooms and onion.

I gotta give your sauce recipe a try..sounds good. Oh also, if you can get Mrs. Kluska's noodles..they are the frickin' cats meow with deer meet. YUM YUM!!

Now you've piqued Bob's interest! Where do you get Mrs. Kluska's noodles?

I know that kluska is Polish for noodle- but I've never heard of Mrs. Kluska's!

Well, I pick them up at our local grocery store here in town...I thought just about every store in the midwest...THey were orignally made by Mrs Kluska..a polish woman, who cooked for many polish weddings. THey are big, thick, great tasting noodles. You may be able to find them online somewhere..if not let me know and I'll send you a bag or two. :) oh and the actual term for polish noodles is Kluski..my mother and father in law are both polish, as is the rest of their family and I get to try some of their great dishes all the time.

Dan

Oh...if you want to make them yourself..here is my mother in laws recipe for "kluski" noodles:
KLUSKI (NOODLES)

4 cups wheat flour
1/2 cup bran
3 cartons egg beaters
4 teaspoons salt
1 cup water

Mix ingredients; knead for a few minutes until smooth. Allow dough to sit for 10-15 minutes before rolling.

Roll dough thinly (about 1/8" thick) on a board dusted with flour. Cut into noodle sized pieces. Drop into boiling salted water.

Cook until tender.

Sounds great. Kluska= noodle. Kluski- noodles.

I'm Polish, by the way. but I don't speak Polish. Only a few words. Like Pierogi. And golabki. and kluski.

What store are you finding them in? I like to cook, but I like to buy ready-made, too!

I'm in charge of making kluski every year at Wigilia (Christmas Eve). They go great in borscht. :D

Mówię po polsku? Jak się masz?

I grew up speaking Polish, but I'm horribly out of practice. It all comes back when I'm around the family though!

JA nie mówię Język polski!

lubię Polską żywność.

I also happen to know the word for "belly button" in Slovak. That's about all my grandma's taught me.

Damn Yoop I just ate but you're making me hungry again.
Opening day we made some venison with butter, garlic, sherry, mushrooms and onions with fresh venison backstraps. It was delish!

Yooper, well I live in a small town, and the local store I buy them has 3 different variety of Kluski noodels..from skinny to really thick...It's called Hansen's IGA.

Oh yeah and......Poprosze piwo!

Dan

I prefer to grill my venison tenderloins... put some seasonings on the meat, wrap with bacon (held in place with toothpicks), and grill until rare. Of course, this assumes that the tenderloins are out of a younger deer.

Back