• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Temp controller for freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have one for sale but thought I'd mention looking on Ebay for a STC-1000. I got mine for $16.50 (shipping included in that). You'd need to do some wiring and there are youtube clips of how to wire it and set it. Just thought you might be interested.

thanks I was being lazy and didn't wanna have to wait for it. who did you get yours from. do you have finished pics?

thanks I was being lazy and didn't wanna have to wait for it. who did you get yours from. do you have finished pics?

I got mine off a user called mixtea on Ebay. I don't have finished pics of it yet because I'm having to piece it together on a very limited budget. So I'm getting a few pieces of the entire thing every month. I hope to have enough to get it done in April. But there are youtube clips of the wiring and if you do some searches here some people have used them.

Call me crazy but I'd rather spend 16/17 bucks and have to do a bit of wiring then spending $50 and getting something you just plug in. As with anything it's all about how much money one has to throw at a problem.

:tank:

I got mine off a user called mixtea on Ebay. I don't have finished pics of it yet because I'm having to piece it together on a very limited budget. So I'm getting a few pieces of the entire thing every month. I hope to have enough to get it done in April. But there are youtube clips of the wiring and if you do some searches here some people have used them.

Call me crazy but I'd rather spend 16/17 bucks and have to do a bit of wiring then spending $50 and getting something you just plug in. As with anything it's all about how much money one has to throw at a problem.

:tank:

16-17 + additional parts + time waiting for item to arrive from hongkong+ this model uses c not f for temp. I get it I am a dyi guy but some things are better bought. Thanks . I do appreciate the input from you and I might go this way.

http://www.hvacpw.com/ProductDetail...e=2&cvsfhu=524f424554432d3131313030302d303030

Heres the best price you will find on a single stage ranco. I have built a controller from the STC-1000 and also have a RANCO. The Ranco is so much nicer to use, programming wise...and its in degrees Fahrenheit.

IT will run you about $60 total. By the time you get done buying an enclosure and wiring the STC up you will have spent at least $30.....

I have two Johnson Controls analog controllers. I am willing to sell one for $35.00 including shipping to anywhere in the continental US, if you are still interested.

I have a single stage Ranco, already wired if interested. Wiring isn't exactly pretty (fully functional and safe), but could be re-done in a few minutes.

I have a Johnson Controls Analog Temperature Controller that I will sell for $35 shipped to anywhere in the continental US.

Latest posts

Back