What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Budget brown ale from Austin Homebrew Supplies. 20$ for a partial mash kit + 6$ flat rate shipping ain't to bad. Next purchase- 10gal Rubbermaid to replace my 5 gallon paint strainer, going from BIAB to all grain soon.

5g Corny Keg from Kegconnection. Get to keg my White House Honey Porter that's been in primary the last 4 weeks tomorrow morning.

Not quite today, but my wife did get me a new brew pot, funny how she wanted to try it out first, and she keeps calling me Stew, thats not even my name.

IMG_1402.jpg

Yesterday I received a reconditioned corny keg with some new longer beer lines and all the associated fittings and whatnot so I can now have 2 kegs going at once. Of course, just my luck the dual CO2 regulator I ordered is on back order, for who knows how long. At least I can use the longer beer lines now, that's something I guess.

Two used corney kegs(Ball Lock) hoses, gauges, The perlicks are on the way. I'm building my Keezer with a Holiday 7.0 from Lowes.

I got a 21" spoon (great shipping post office BTW) and my temperature controller (arrived & packed nicely, thanks UPS).
mail_zps988b3315.jpg

Over two pounds of hops in 4oz bags from farmhouse.

A mix of 2 EKG, citra, willamette, challenger, warrior, 2 cascade, and another one I can't remember.

2 6 gal Better Bottle carboys, a thermometer, and a shirt from Northern Brewer.

Didn't come in the mail, but got 15 Lbs of high quality jerky meat and ran it through the slicer. Already in the cure solution and soaking up the flavor for a Saturday or Sunday cook off. My little cheapo cahrcoal smoker from brinkman has been performing flawlessly on the last two batches so I am looking forward to another great batch this weekend too. Easy recipe, soak the meat for 3-4 days, start a low pure lump charcoal fire, keep the fire low, add meat and allow to reach an internal temp of 150 + for at least 30 minutes. Leave the jerky in till the smoker is stone cold and enjoy!!!!! The Mai Bock is perfect for the Teriyaki flavor Jerky too.
Wheelchair Bob

Top tier burner wooooot, ball valve, some 2 row, C40/120, rye, aromatic, carpils, perle and half pound of Amarillo.... almost complete, as soon as the IC comes in...it's on like donkey kong.

Today I received my new grain mill from Northern Brewer. I plan on breaking it on this weekend as I'm planning to brew a batch of honey cream ale on Sunday. I'm hoping this will help my efficiency consistency.

Jug & growler filler (hose that fits into a kegerator tap), and Insta Balance Foam Preventer (little stainless mesh thingy that slows beer line flow rate).

Yep, kegerator tweaking.

-Rich

image-2138119252.jpg

Got these beauties from bargain fittings! Cutting up my keg this weekend and 10 Gallon batches here i come!

55 lb sacks of Weyermann Bohemian Pilsner, Rye, and Dark Wheat malt from Fifty Pound Sack. Time to try my hand at some wheat and rye beers.

Two better bottles from northern brewer came in today and a pound of hops came in from grain up glass on Tuesday. Must buy and brew more

Pliney the elder arrived today from farmhouse. Also I picked up a sixer of hopslam and drank a hardy porter at smartmouth brewing. Not a bad beer day for me!

Vellum said:
Pliney the elder arrived today from farmhouse. Also I picked up a sixer of hopslam and drank a hardy porter at smartmouth brewing. Not a bad beer day for me!

What'd you think of the Hardy, Porter? I heard it was solid but not brilliant, like all their beers?

What'd you think of the Hardy, Porter? I heard it was solid but not brilliant, like all their beers?

It is my favorite of their beers. All of their other beers have a medicinal taste to me that I don't particularly enjoy but the porter doesn't have that. Honestly though if they weren't a local business just a mile away from my house I probably wouldn't choose to drink their product. You heard correct that their beer is good but not brilliant (they are a young brewery and have time to become brilliant).
That being said, they are very friendly and the prices in the tasting room are low. Hopefully their product will change and grow.
They are coming out with an oatmeal stout on Feb 14 and a double ipa in early march. I look forward to trying them both.

Back