Sports?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a nut. I'm originally from Wisconsin so of course I'm a tried and true cheesehead. HUGE Packer fan. They are my life from August to January. This year I got to see Brett Favre play (live) for the first time in my life--when my wife bought me tix for the Redskins/Packers game on Halloween.
I love the Badgers too, basketball, football, hockey.
Yes, Brewers too. We just got tickets to see a Brewer's game in April, which will be my first time ever at Miller Park, so I'm excited. I also plan on touring the Miller brewery. Remember, I love the champagne of beers..... ;)

Any other sports nuts? I'm guessing we have a few--OSUmoney's name is probably something to do with sports?

Let's hear it....

You guessed it, sports are a huge part of my life. Coincidentally, half of my family is from Madison so I grew up watching the Badgers at Camp Randall, they were my favorite team until I enrolled at Ohio State. Now I'm a buckeye nut, WAS a Blue Jacket and Red Wings nut, Pistons fan, and then comes my passion....soccer. Played all my life and still do although in a less competitive league. Most beautiful goals of all the sports, where else do see a ball flying 40 meters through the air at up to 90mph, curving from left to right, or right to left and dipping in the back of the net while someone dives fully spread out to stop it? It's pure magic for me....

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?_adv_prop=video&fr=FP-tab-web-t&va=soccer+goal

a little something I found, haven't checked them all out though

OSUmoney83 said:
You guessed it, sports are a huge part of my life. Coincidentally, half of my family is from Madison so I grew up watching the Badgers at Camp Randall, they were my favorite team until I enrolled at Ohio State. Now I'm a buckeye nut, WAS a Blue Jacket and Red Wings nut, Pistons fan, and then comes my passion....soccer.

So, there IS another person who likes/liked both the Wings and Blue Jackets! I thought I was the only one. Been following the Wings for 10+ years. So they'll always be my fav. But the CBJ's are (or were) growing on me. I've been to a couple of the Wings games at Nationwide and find it humorous that there's already a local hatred around here for the Wings and their fans. Just part of the whole "Michigan Sucks" attitude I guess. Of course, that's true when it comes to college football ( :D Go Bucks!), but as far as pro sports are concerned I've always been a Detriot fan.

Im going to have to represent Michigan I guess then...."GO BLUE!!" :D Living in Michigan my whole life I support all the teams....U of M, Pistons, Red Wings, and even the Lions, and the Tigers even though theyve had some rough seasons. The lions and tigers can only get better in the next few years. It sucks that there is no hockey season this year though.

From WI as well and am also a huge Packer fan. Football is my main sport although I started to watch and now fully enjoy college BB as well. Tucson and Lute Olsen / AZ Wildcats is naturally huge here so it's rubbed off. Baseball pisses me off (fill in the reason - juice; strikes; no chance for my brewers etc.)

Orrelse. I got a son in the USAF who just transferred to Langely. Got a nice Packer bar out there? He's living in Hampton as well.

Tophe96 said:
It sucks that there is no hockey season this year though.

I hear you there. It's so bad that I actually finding myself taking interest in which free agents the Lions are going to sign...

There is nothing like seeing a game in Camp Randell. Best college football stadium in the nation( i know i will get yell at for this) but how can you argue with the fifth oldest stadium in the nation and the hardest for opponents in the big ten(joe pa and purdue coach said this). Oh not to mention that stadium in green bay ( i will not dare say it in fear of god striking me down for using the blessed name) I'm just glad there are sports in the world or nobody would have a real reason to be happy (or beer drink).

I am a frim beleiver in the saying of the onion "My local sports team is superior to your local sports team."

Well its certainly a tough stadium, not sure about the toughest though. I can't forget that game two seasons ago for the Buckeyes during a rainy night at camp randall. Gamble plays perfect coverage on Lee Evans? all night until one play late in the 4th quarter, he bites on a pump fake and the rest is history. Same game we choked Sorgi I think. Purdue/ Wisconsin game last year was one of the best I've ever seen. What the hell happened towards the end of the season? MSU?? Personally I thought you guys were at of your comfort zone being ranked so high and unbeaten, unable to cope without Athohny Davis, etc.

I need some damn hockey. I've been going to Toledo Storm games now and then but they don't even fight anymore because they know its all we've got left. Pro sports is just like any other business I guess, gotta maximize profit as the number one goal. Its a shame though

OSUmoney83 said:
Well its certainly a tough stadium, not sure about the toughest though. I can't forget that game two seasons ago for the Buckeyes during a rainy night at camp randall. Gamble plays perfect coverage on Lee Evans? all night until one play late in the 4th quarter, he bites on a pump fake and the rest is history. Same game we choked Sorgi I think.

To this day I still think that is the best football game I've ever watched. I know it wasn't so great for you guys, but for us to pull that out--well, it was our Rose Bowl. WI-OSU games are almost always great.

Back