Victory Brewing Co

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig311

Reaction score
I've really been enjoying their beers lately. I've had the Storm King(9.1% stout), Hop Wallop (8.5% DIPA), Hop Devil(6.7% IPA), Golden Monkey(9.5% Belgian Tripel?), V- Twelve(12% Belgian), and for the first time today... the Yakima Twilight(8.7% Strong Ale?).

They are all pretty aggressive and big beers. My local beer store just got the Old Horizontal barleywine. Looking forward to that. I know they make quite a few others that I haven't been able to get my hands on locally. For example, they make a version of the Hop Devil called Wild Devil that's fermented with wild yeast, an 8.5% baltic porter called Baltic Thunder, and a few others.

Anyone else loving Victory beers?

Probably my favorite brewery. I've got a bottle of Wild Devil that I have not tried yet. But Golden Monkey was one of the beers that really got me into beer.

I can only dream of Victory and other greats (Stone, Dogfish head, etc) being available in Louisiana...
It would cost a fortune to ship everything in I wanted to try.

Prima is a fantastic beer. Very very good pils. I mentioned it in another thread about bitters, their cask Uncle Teddy's is my regular beer when I go. Unfortunately I believe you can only get it there.

Had Wild Devil cask, hop devil and Hop wallop is AWSOME on cask. Great beers.

hop devil is a staple for me at the local bar. Awesome stuff!

+1 - I lived in Amherst (buffalo) NY for a few years. I lived directly next to the amherst ale house, and victory hop devil was my favorite. Here in North Dakota, getting good beer is tough. STUPID CANOES on tap....leinengkugal is not good

Thus my homebrewing hobby was born....I like hoppy, malty, aggresive beers...I rarely brew anything under 1.060 OG and 40 IBU.....i figure if I am going to invest my time in the brew it had better be great.

Love the Victory brews. A friend and me had the V-12 one night and a few days later my wife and I stopped into the same place for dinner and beers. She ordered a V-12 and the bartender was new and served it in a full pint glass. Needless to say SWMBO was feeling great off of a pint of that :mug:

I've never tried them. Does anyone know if they distribute to Central CA coast?

According to their website, they are available through the following distributors in CA:

Stone Brewing Co.
1999 Citracado Parkway, Escondido, CA 92029
760-471-4999
Counties: Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties

Morris Distributing
454 Payran St., Petaluma, Ca 94952
707-769-7294

Saccani Distributing Company
2600 5th St., Sacramento.CA 95818
916-441-0213

According to their website, they are available through the following distributors in CA:

Stone Brewing Co.
1999 Citracado Parkway, Escondido, CA 92029
760-471-4999
Counties: Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties

Morris Distributing
454 Payran St., Petaluma, Ca 94952
707-769-7294

Saccani Distributing Company
2600 5th St., Sacramento.CA 95818
916-441-0213

Yes, I was about to add that I saw victory on tap at Stone in CA.

Shared my IPA and Wit with the Victory brewmaster and his wife at the Villanova tailgate a couple weeks back. Very nice guy, so it was hard to tell if he really liked my beer or not! :mug:

Victory is always well represented at our tailgate.

BTW, their brewery in Downingtown is a must see. Very nice venue to drink and eat.

i love their prima pils, as others, and just realized how close it is to my in-law's place outside philadelphia... we're going there over christmas and it looks like i may have to make a side trip there one day!

I've been super impressed by Victory. They have a great lineup of big beers and the prices are GREAT.

I really love delicious inexpensive beer. Victory rocks!

Victory is definitely one of my favorite breweries as well. If you get a chance to visit their brewery DO IT! I'm fortunate in that my mother-in-law lives about 30 minutes from the brewery so we always hit it up when we visit her.

We were going to have our rehearsal dinner there for the wedding, but they wanted a ridiculous minimum charge to rent the back room out.

Best damn IPA (Hop Devil) I've had... love the stuff. And their Prima Pils and Storm King are also friggin' awesome. Now if only they'd offer sixtels in MI... But I suppose, if there's no market, there's no market.

Bartman said:
And to note...they have the most awesome growlers.
Baltic Thunder is now my favorite beer.

Don't they have the metal handled growlers? Way expensive...

I'm in Lancaster 2 or 3 times a year and I keep saying I'gonna go, but never make it. My wife's cousin happens to go to the brewpub and last trip got me a case each of golden monkey and storm king. One of my favorite breweries out there.

Definetly one of my favorite. I went to a victory tap takeover at a bar, 21 different victory beers on tap. Everything was awesome.

anyone ever come up with any victory clones? they do make some gooood beers!

Victory Hop Devil:
From Beer Captured:

8oz German Munich Malt
8oz German 65L dark crystal
8oz Cara-Munich
4.5# Extra light DME
3.5# Light LME
6oz Malto Dextrin
2oz Centennial(60 min)
1/2oz East kent Goldings (15 min)
1/2oz Cascade (15 min)
1oz Cascade (3 min)
1/2oz Cascade (dry hops)
1 tsp Irish Moss
Wyeast 1056

my conversion to all-grain (67% efficiency, 5 gallon batch)
13# 2-row
11 oz Munich (light/I)
10 oz Cara-Munich
10 oz Crystal 60
8 oz Cara-pils
Mash @ 152

I had never had them until I was getting some scuba training in Bethlehem, PA, and the only place I could find to buy beer was a "case store". It was nothing but bmc and mixed cases of Victory. Prima Pils, Hop Devil, and Golden Monkey are all rockin' brews. My only issue was the Headwater pale ale....... That beer is dreadful. Terrible. A beating, even.

But hop devil puts me in a forgiving mood :)

I enjoy all of there beers, Hop Devil is my favorite by them. I have a friend who takes his Corny there and gets it filled, what a great brewery.

I'm in Lancaster 2 or 3 times a year and I keep saying I'gonna go, but never make it. My wife's cousin happens to go to the brewpub and last trip got me a case each of golden monkey and storm king. One of my favorite breweries out there.

They are in the process of opening a second location which, I believe, will be much closer to Lancaster.

Cool, thanks for the info. Last time I was there, I googled it and it was pretty close to where I was staying. Closer would definitely make it easier.

Victory Hop Devil:
From Beer Captured:

8oz German Munich Malt
8oz German 65L dark crystal
8oz Cara-Munich
4.5# Extra light DME
3.5# Light LME
6oz Malto Dextrin
2oz Centennial(60 min)
1/2oz East kent Goldings (15 min)
1/2oz Cascade (15 min)
1oz Cascade (3 min)
1/2oz Cascade (dry hops)
1 tsp Irish Moss
Wyeast 1056

my conversion to all-grain (67% efficiency, 5 gallon batch)
13# 2-row
11 oz Munich (light/I)
10 oz Cara-Munich
10 oz Crystal 60
8 oz Cara-pils
Mash @ 152

There's a certain spicyness about Hop Devil that makes me believe there might be a small amount of rye in the grain bill. Just a hunch.

they make a ranch double ipa that was brewed for philly beer week that is outstanding as well

Sad to admit I live about 30 minutes from Victory (outskirts of Lancaster) and have yet to make the trip, but plan on it. I did have some of their brews and impressed so far. Yes, the new location will be in Parksburg which is closer to Lancaster.

Back