Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Labels. Not as nice as some on the forum, but I like them.

Logo.jpg

Mighty warrior.jpg

The reference is to the story of Gideon from the book of Judges. The story begins with Gideon threshing wheat while hiding in a wine press. The Angel of the Lord appears and says to him, "Hail mighty warrior! The Lord is with you." The Hebrew is from that passage. The image is one of Gideon's request to God to have a fleece wet with dew and the ground dry so Gideon could know that God is with him and will protect him against the Midianites. I'm a bit of a Bible geek (well just a geek in general), so most of my beer labels so far have had biblical themes.

Edit: I forgot to add the reference if you're interested. It's from Judges 6:12

This is a label I made for a Russian Imperial Stout that I just bottled.

It's easier to read at full resolution. The quote next to Drago says "I will crush you!".

drago_final.jpg

Here's my first label, hand drawn (handcrafted). I plan to try out some of these label programs, but I was pleased with my first attempt none the less. Barracuda Pale Ale.

P1010870.JPG

P1010869.JPG

Here is mine so far, not quite finished yet. My brewery name is Happy Beaver Brewing Co. and I am leaning towards "Everything is better with a little beaver" for the tagline

Happy Beaver Pale Ale Label.jpg

my girlfriend drew this one for me. its an english brown ale with a minimal amount of fuggles hops and over steeped earl grey tea for tannic bitterness and then dry hopped with more tea in the secondary.

181959_1695590082666_1625255507_1495244_5039318_n.jpg

I tasted this one at the JRHC meeting this past month. Good beer.

LoneTreeFarms said:
my new one for the wife's batch of hard lemonade i am about to bottle.

Looks nice. I would maybe make her drink the same color as what's in the bottle?

If its lemonade it may look like piss though, lol.

I love it. Very fitting for someone in Bremerton. I have Uncles and cousins that work at the shipyard.

Oh really? That's cool, I can see the yard from my house! Those people make A LOT of ca$h. Me and my brewing partner went with Trident because Bangor houses the Trident submarines in Silverdale. That ship in the logo is the U.S.S. Bremerton.

Here's the ones Im using for variations on my ale. One oaked and one spiced with christmassy flavours :) ... btw, Im 5'1", stocky, long haired and bearded, hence it's Dwarven Ale ;)

hammerstrike.png

hammerstrike-oaked.png

hammerstrike-winter.png

benguet-weisse.jpg

For my strawberry infused Berliner Weisse

Benguet is a province here in the Philippines that grows strawberries.

barrooze said:
This sounds like it could be similar to my Germanic Pale Ale. Care to share the recipe?

No problem sharing,

Heritage Pale Ale

Style: American Pale Ale
Type: All Grain Calories: 170
Rating: 0.0 Efficiency: 70 %
IBU's: 35.69 Boil Size: 5.25 Gal
Color: 8.6 SRM Batch Size: 4.40 Gal
Boil Time: 90 minutes

Actual
Brew Date: - 02/19/2012
OG: 1.046
FG: 1.008
ABV: 4.98 %

Fermentation Steps
Name Days / Temp
Primary 7 days @ 68.0°F
Secondary 14 days @ 72.0°F
Bottle/Keg 21 days @ 74.0°F

Grains & Adjuncts
Amount Percentage Name Time Gravity
0.50 lbs 5.00 % Briess Carapils 90 mins 1.034
5.50 lbs 55.00 % Fawcett Maris Otter Pale Malt 90 mins 1.038
1.00 lbs 10.00 % Fawcett Torrified Wheat 90 mins 1.035
2.25 lbs 22.50 % Munich Malt - 10L 90 mins 1.035
0.75 lbs 7.50 % Munich Malt - 20L 90 mins 1.035

Hops
Amount IBU's Name Time AA %
0.75 ozs 7.10 Hallertauer 15 mins 4.80
0.90 ozs 28.59 Pearle 60 mins 8.00

Yeasts
Amount Name Laboratory / ID
1.0 pkg German Ale Wyeast Labs 1007

Additions
Amount Name Time Stage
0.50 oz Yeast Nutrient 15 mins Boil

Mash Profile
Light Body Infusion In 90 min @ 150.8°F
Add 12.50 qt ( 1.25 qt/lb ) water @ 168.2°F
Medium Body Infusion In 5 min @ 167.0°F
Add 8.39 qt water @ 195.0°F

Carbonation
Amount Type Beer Temp CO2 Vols
7.32 oz DME - Bottle Carbonation 74.0°F 2.50

Notes

www.iBrewMaster.com Version: 1.480

Thanks,
Jon Ferguson

My God, I am seriously embarrassed after seeing the quality of labels on this thread. Here is a very rough set of labels for my brewing on demand (BOD) tap handles for my 3 keg garage 5cf keezer.

Basically just to know which one you're pouring.... don't judge... Ok, judge... whatever.

BOD Rasp Lemon Wheat tap handle lable new.jpg

BOD Raspberry Apple Cider tap handle lable.jpg

BOD Lime Wheat tap handle lable.jpg

BOD ICDA tap handle lable.jpg

My God, I am seriously embarrassed after seeing the quality of labels on this thread. Here is a very rough set of labels for my brewing on demand (BOD) tap handles for my 3 keg garage 5cf keezer.

Basically just to know which one you're pouring.... don't judge... Ok, judge... whatever.

simple yet beautiful.

Where did you get the artwork, looks like watercolor.

Latest posts

Back