new guy from illinois!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drunken clown

Reaction score
whats up all?! anyone here from the central il. area? just found this site so you will prob hear from me more later! anything i need to know about this place, before i continue? ha! la lat later on! :drunk:

Welcome! Where exactly is Spring Valley? There are lots of Illinois people, but it seems most of us are the northern variety.

Not too many of us are in your corner, but welcome aboard! Bring some more people along and get Illinois rolling.

How could you possibly claim to be from central Illinois? Spring Valley is in north-central Illinois - and don't you forget it! I've lived in Carbondale, Springfield, Glendale Heights and now Joliet, so this is a sensitive subject!!

tubbfan said:
How could you possibly claim to be from central Illinois? Spring Valley is in north-central Illinois - and don't you forget it! I've lived in Carbondale, Springfield, Glendale Heights and now Joliet, so this is a sensitive subject!!

How long ago in Springpatch? I work there and live in Decatur.

Ize

I am from Washington, Il . . . not too far from LaSalle/Peru.

Me and SWMBO like to head up to Starved Rock every now and then . . .that's in your neighborhood.

well i was just narrowing it down a lil!wasnt trying to much detail! they call it ''the il. valley"! iv only lived here a few years, before i lived in toulon il. ''the heart of il.''!

I am from Washington, Il . . . not too far from LaSalle/Peru.

Me and SWMBO like to head up to Starved Rock every now and then . . .that's in your neighborhood.

----------------------------------------------

yea, starved rock is a great place to go! im about 15-20 minutes away! we pack a bunch of brews, freinds, brew and tube the virmilion river thier too! good time!

tubbfan said:

Indeed. I've lived in Jacksonville, Springfield, Carbondale, and Makanda--- From Jacksonville originally-- which I always thought of as "Central Illinois." LaSalle/Peru/Spring Valley was always "Northern"

From Chambana here or at least most of the year. Sometimes I make a trip back to Moline.

tubbfan said:

Hey Tubbfan. I was raised on Joliet. Went to Joliet West (Class of 93!).

Where abouts are you in Joliet?

g0dolphins said:
for all you Land of Lincolners...It's Illinois Trivia Time: who has heard of the Appleknockers?

Isn't that the mascot for Cobden High School? :)

oh yeah... we're up in the far north burbs... the DMZ between IL and WIS... but I'm originally from the "true" Central Illinois... smack dab in between Peoria and Bloomington.

Spring Valley?
Dont know the area, but brings to mind a procedure me and me pals use to discern a person's capabilities....we call it the "Spring Valley Wake-up".

After noting a nodding comrade:

Make fist and protrude index knuckle.
Place in center of chest and grind into aforementioned chest.
If they wake-up, just needed a nap.
Iffen they dont, its nighty night time, and all over but the cryin'.

Anyways, Welcome!

Copper

hi,
I'm from Ottawa, hard to find any people in the area that brew so its nice to here from someone close.
Scott

Yes the central Illinois is a tough debate. Just moved to Plainfield 2 weeks ago and will have my brew system up and running in a week or two. Any good clubs in the Plainfield/Joliet area?? Learned my brewin skills in Carbondale. Many a good times in the shawnee! :mug: I noticed a few from the Plainfield area. We might need a Plainfield brewoff!

flippindiscs said:
Yes the central Illinois is a tough debate. Just moved to Plainfield 2 weeks ago and will have my brew system up and running in a week or two. Any good clubs in the Plainfield/Joliet area?? Learned my brewin skills in Carbondale. Many a good times in the shawnee! :mug: I noticed a few from the Plainfield area. We might need a Plainfield brewoff!

Plainfield is the new black. Seems like it's a little larger than the entire state of Alaska. Funny, considering it used to just be a small conglomeration of racists living in the middle of a cornfield.

flippindiscs said:
Another one form Plainfield! Take a look here!

flippindiscs said:

What do you mean by club? A brewing club or a place where you can go dance and listen to loud tecno music?

We have a nice group of Plainfield guys and we've had a few get-togethers. They've been pretty fun. We're looking to get another one going sometime soon to do a group brew.

Cheesefood said:
Plainfield is the new black. Seems like it's a little larger than the entire state of Alaska. Funny, considering it used to just be a small conglomeration of racists living in the middle of a cornfield.

Ya know - it's funny. Plainfield is WELL represented here. We've got more members than most states!

It still seems a bit cornfield-ish to me, but that's slowly changing. I don't know first hand, but I've heard that the racists are still well represented.

rdwj said:
Ya know - it's funny. Plainfield is WELL represented here. We've got more members than most states!

It still seems a bit cornfield-ish to me, but that's slowly changing. I don't know first hand, but I've heard that the racists are still well represented.
Ah, you'll have that wherever you go. Just ignore.

rdwj said:
What do you mean by club? A brewing club or a place where you can go dance and listen to loud tecno music?

We have a nice group of Plainfield guys and we've had a few get-togethers. They've been pretty fun. We're looking to get another one going sometime soon to do a group brew.

None of that tecno stuff. That stuff is for glowstick lovers. Maybe a club that play some bluegrass or something. :rockin:

I am part of Club Wort out of the Palatine area but that is kind of far from me now. We use to have a club brew-in every other month. Lots of fun. I would be happy to help out at a group brew in the Plainfield area. I'll be interested to see what my townhouse neighbors say when they see me brewin every weekend.

ill.literate said:
Isn't that the mascot for Cobden High School? :)

Bingo. I lived in Fairview Hts before moving to Appleknocker country in 7th grade. Interesting to note is a nice vineyard/wine cottage industry has sprouted since I moved away. We took the wine tour in 2005 and hit all 7 spots.

Illinibrew said:
Heya Boys,

I grew up in Monmouth (near Galesburg)... however I've been deported to NY. Went to school in Champaign.

My grandmother was from Monmouth--- (last name Icenagle, or Eisenagel)

I have relatives buried in Galesburg

My grandfather is from Roseville, and still has relation there.

Illinibrew said:
Heya Boys,

I grew up in Monmouth (near Galesburg)... however I've been deported to NY. Went to school in Champaign.

Hells yeah, I was just at cly's tonight!

Also, speaking of spring valley, I bet no one has heard of spring hill, IL.

Happy brewing drunken clown. I'm down here in Decatur, but I grew up around kind of in that area in Aledo.

Latest posts

Back