GE fcm7suww won't fit 4 ball lock, options

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnmir

Reaction score
Just received the freezer from homedespot, and I can't squeeze 4 on the floor. Can I try to bend a dent into the side of the hump without riskinga coolantl ine?

I have the same problem. I have my 4th on the shelf, mostly floating and the 5th totally I the shelf

Just received the freezer from homedespot, and I can't squeeze 4 on the floor. Can I try to bend a dent into the side of the hump without riskinga coolantl ine?

I can fit 4 US made kegs in my GE, my German made won't fit.
It will be a tight fit and a little force is required.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Beer and CO2 lines.jpg

So no one has risked whacking the side of the hump with a sledge and a block of wood?

I'm pretty sure there are coolant lines in the hump. Most freezers are constructed similarly, and my old Gibson has them there. You can see the cooling areas after you plug it in for a while. Those areas are frosty. Probably easier to see (and feel) on white plastic than the aluminum ones.

Are you sure they're not converted pin locks to ball locks? What is the diameter of the kegs?

4 fit, just needs a bit of elbow grease. I was petrified the first time I put them in there but the walls do have some flex.

There is enough variation in this model that some can fit 4 ball locks on the floor, and some can't. I can't fit 4 of the regular two handle ball locks on the floor. I can get 4 on the floor if I use a couple of the single handle kegs like the ones in ClaudiusB's picture. I purchased my freezer this year, and I'm wondering if this is a problem with all recently made fcm7suwws.

I have the same problem. I have my 4th on the shelf, mostly floating and the 5th totally I the shelf
I agree with this solution. I realize the OP wasn't planning on building a collar. I'd be more inclined to build a collar versus trying to reshape the sides or the hump.

Well, I just measured (the black rubber tops). I had 8.25" - 8.5" diameters.

I fit foour in mine little handy work on the hump helps. Also putting the kegs in then pressurizing them help. I put all four in then pumped them up to 50PSI left it for a couple days. Now everything seems to fit a little easier.

sorry typing sucks today has been as session day!

Mine fit, but just. Sometimes it's actually harder to get them out, as the empties can freeze to the sidewalls. In retrospect, I would have built a taller collar, as I can't fit one on the hump. I did a 1x6 cedar collar, which looks great. It's all good though. My 10lb CO2 tank fits on the hump just fine.

Back