New! Blichmann 55 Gallon Extension..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jipper

Reaction score
Just a quick FYI to anyone that owns the Blichmann 55 Gallon BoilerMaker - they just released an extension that can be attached to the 55 Gallon kettle. This extension turns the 1BBL kettle into a 2BBL kettle, holding a total of 100 gallons. Comes with a sight gauge, gasket, and removal tool. Check out how it looks here (new pictures coming soon).

Cheers!

It boggles my mind that there is enough of a market for a 2bbl setup. You either have to be drinking a metric crap-ton of beer at home, or you're an incredibly overworked professional brewer.

Nano brewery. Many people here have started selling out of their homes with those. I can name a couple here that got approval from the state to do so. One guy selling growlers directly out of his basement and another who brewed in his garage for several tap accounts around town before eventually building a facility.
And other breweries in the area have started their businesses as a nano. I found it's pretty common here in Oregon once I started investigating as a business prospect out of my garage.

I get that nanos exist, it just surprises me that there's enough of a market for a company to actually create somewhat expensive products to support that segment. Just surprised that there's enough business out there for something like this.

Back