Gift bottle carriers -- feedback

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgeback_Oaks

Reaction score
Hey HBT readers!

I created some handmade wood bottle carriers as gifts for friends and family last year, and have continued to evolve the designs.
I would love your feedback on what would make this an even better hombrew gift for your homebrewing guy or gal.

6-bottle:
il_570xN.353819685_kpoe.jpg

8-bottle detail:
il_570xN.319655752.jpg

I'm always looking for new ways to enhance the carriers.

Thanks!

Since you're not a vendor on this forum, I've removed your "sale" link as it is against our forum rules to sell things, aside from a few brewing odds and ends in the classifieds, without a Vendor's membership.

They are very nice, and I bet people would love to get them as a gift.

Hey JLB307, I've done a 4-pack for Bombers for a friend. Finally have collected enough bombers of my own to probably do an 8-bomber carrier for myself next.
Here's a picture of the 4 (though I shortened up the rope later -- got to keep your beer close!):
il_570xN.338355706.jpg

Yooper -- Sorry about the sale link!

They look great! The only concern I have is the nuts on the bottom end of the carriage bolts might scratch some surfaces that you set the thing on - maybe consider countersinking them or some kind of rubber, plastic or wooden feet?

On the last couple I made, I did countersink to keep the nuts from contacting the surface.

The wine corks would be a nice way to keep the base elevated -- I'll give it a shot.

Thanks!

Nice looking holders.

If you are looking at selling these I would eliminate the middle piece of wood with the holes in it. The added weight, wood, time and expense are not necessary IMO. You could always add small strips of wood at the bottom to contain the bottom of the bottles. I would also glue in some dowels to hold it together instead of the bolts. Use Super glue if you don't want to wait for the glue to dry.

Hope this helps
Bob

Back