Life, Life and more Life...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ize

Reaction score
I've been gone a while.

Mostly because of the job. Some know, some don't, I started a new job at the beginning of May. Honestly, it's an old job. I had this position once before with this station, but they came back with new management, new ownership, and the old proverbial "offer I couldn't refuse" and so I took it and saved myself 3K a year in gas alone. (And yeah, I busted their balls on the salary as well. :rockin: )

So far so good, and still no complaints on that front.

SWMBO on the other hand has been itching to quit smoking, so she did after going for a walk around the block with my youngest who's 3 and hell on wheels.

After her walk she put up with the chest pains she was having for a week and then I said enough, get yer ass into the doc. This was last Wednesday. Thursday started, and wasn't any better. So she went to the Doc. Who then sent her to the hospital to get checked out. They then ran a heart cath and promptly found blockages. A 90 percenter, 2 80's, a 60, and a 40. We were then quickly shipped over to the hospital in our area that's notoriously good at fixing these probs. (she was looking at either stents, or bypass) Friday started with her getting 4 stents a lifetime Plavix Scrip, upped Lipitor dosage, and more, plus a whole new diet for her and the family.

Not bad for 43 years old huh? :drunk: (FWIW her Dad died in 1973 at age 41 from similar conditions)

Needless to say I haven't even thought about brewing a damn thing since the end of April, but in a weird way, this latest thing has given me quite the interesting perspective on Life. And since I'm going thru EdWort's Apfelwein faster than I should be :)D ) I guess I better finish cleaning up the basement and get on with it then....

Good seeing you guys. :mug:

Ize

Good to have you back, Ize.

Best of luck to your wife; I can't imagine how frightening that must be for her (and for you). I'll keep you guys in my thoughts. Glad to hear that she got herself checked out and is taking the steps that she needs to take care of herself.

We're here for you, bro!

I know the feeling, dude. I had my heart attack at 42 in 1997. Only 1 blockage though. I got the angioplasty (balloon).

My past doctors say my results are like I've never had one. Another check-up is coming up really soon.

Hang in there. :D

Wow- what a shocker. I wondered where you'd been, but just put it down to you being "busy" with summer time fun and your job. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

Moderate consumption of alcohol has been shown to have heart healthy effects. Get brewing and take care of that little lady!

Glad you caught it early.

Oh my...
I hope your wife has a fast and complete recovery.
Tell her that us crazies at HBT are thinking about her and want her to get well soon. :mug:

Wow, Hearts out to you and your wife. My extremely healthy Dad had an unexpected heart attack and resulting quintuple bypass 5 yeast a go.

Doctor said if he hadn't been so healthy he would have been worse off. (his heart wasn't that badly damaged)

Even though he was considered "healthy" (climbed power poles for a living), it seems his side of the family has hereditary cholesterol problems...

Scares the crap out of me and my brother (35 and 31). I avoid cholesterol like the plague and check the back of all food items. What pisses me off is there is no way of knowing what you are eating when you hit a pub or restaurant.

Anyway. Hope all is well and keeps going well now. Oh yeah, when she's healthy again, remember.. hops lower cholesterol!! So it's IPA's and other hophea dbeers for you and swmbo now..

Wow, I just saw this thread. I'm glad to hear that you caught this early and hope everything goes smoothly from here on out.

Like Dude said, we're here for ya. :mug:

Thanks again gang. Just to update, she's doing fine and honestly back to her old smartass self.

I of course am now getting the "eye" about getting to the Doc and getting myself checked out more fully, and I'd have to agree with it. Except I despise going to the Doc.

In the end tho, I guess it's better than the alternative. :drunk:

Thanks again for the good words and the good vibes. All the best to you and yours! :mug:

Ize

Denny's Evil Concoctions said:
Might as well get that doc stuff overwith, then you can procrastinate for another year.

LOL, sounds like something a Doc would say. :D

But too true. And yeah, ever since I hit that magic "40" a year and a half ago it's been weighing heavily, so, I'll just have to get on with it...

But By God I won't be happy about it!!!! :D

Ize

Ize said:
LOL, sounds like something a Doc would say. :D

But too true. And yeah, ever since I hit that magic "40" a year and a half ago it's been weighing heavily, so, I'll just have to get on with it...

But By God I won't be happy about it!!!! :D

Ize

40+ eh? hmm.. sounds like it's about time for the dreaded PROSTATE EXAM !!
((said while hearing the shower scene music from "pyscho")

Actually they adivse that at 45 I think unless you have cancer in your family history.

Latest posts

Back