Hopsdirect Screwed Me?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermish

Reaction score
I ordered some hops from hopsdirect on the 15th, and I got a confirmation email that says they will get the shipping price and then tell me the total cost. It is now almost a week later and I haven't heard anything else and haven't received any hops, but I have been billed. I sent them an email on the 18th, and have no response from that either. Has anyone used them before and had this happen, or have any advice for me.

Thanks

Hermish said:
I ordered some hops from hopsdirect on the 15th, and I got a confirmation email that says they will get the shipping price and then tell me the total cost. It is now almost a week later and I haven't heard anything else and haven't received any hops, but I have been billed. I sent them an email on the 18th, and have no response from that either. Has anyone used them before and had this happen, or have any advice for me.

Thanks

Just relax. Puterbaugh seems like a family company. The same thing happened when I ordered from them. They don't send you any sort of confirmation or anything like that. Instead of sitting around wondering what to do, I called them, and the lady was very cordial and helpful. She gave me an order update and told me when I should expect the shipment to arrive.

What you're experiencing is typical for Puterbaugh. They are a barebones operation, and while I was a little worried at first, I soon realized that we've all just become accustomed to automatic receipts, etc., and computers sending us e-mails with the tracking numbers. They just happen to not do business that way. Oh well. Fact of the matter is...you'll get your hops. They're in the mail right now, I'd venture to guess. Call them up, a nice lady will probably answer the phone, and she will help you out.

No, nobody has screwed you.

the only thing i could say about hopsdirect is that shipping seems slow. otherwise i have had nothing but positive results from them. and you do get way more than what you order

Evan! said:
No, nobody has screwed you.

That is why I had the question mark. It sounds like I will just have to be patient and my hops will come. And hopefully I'll get more then the 2 lbs that I ordered since quite a few people on these boards had that happen.

Back