2 brews @ once!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonfly

Reaction score
... a maple pumpkin ale and a belgian wit that's gonna get a big ol' bag of blackcurrants in the secondary. For the wit, we slightly altered the Belgian White men can't jump ale from a recipe book. We left out the coriander but kept the orange zest, and added a lb of maltodextrin for some more body.
We had all 4 burners going on my stove - 1 for the wit, 2 for the pumpkin (we had to split up the boil slightly) and 1 for (what else) mac & cheese. That's right, multitasking is the Sh*t.

and now I'm serenaded to sleep by the bubbling airlocks - there are 4 fermenters doin' their thing outside my room! :cool:

WooT! Every man's dream come true. Oh, wait, what are talking about again? ;)

Congrats on managing what surely would have me pulling out my hair :)

Congrats on the double brew day. Do that a couple times in somewhat rapid succession, and you won't have the dreaded, "I'm running out of beer before it gets aged properly." problem.

I've done a double all-grain day three times, and I tried a triple brew day once... just once. The last couple batches have been one at a time.

The only time I do doubles, one will be extract. I can knock one out while the mash is working. It's just a matter of preheating the sparge water.

If the maple pumpkin works out, post the recipe. I'm still looking for a good one.

Damn Andre - triple all grain?! That's intense. I just did extract w' some specialty grains. If someone hadn't stolen my ipod I'd be upgrading to all grain right about now, but it might have to wait till christmas.

Dragonfly said:
If someone hadn't stolen my ipod I'd be upgrading to all grain right about now, but it might have to wait till christmas.
Yeh, but you really wanted one of those new really, really, thin iPods with video anyway, now didn't you? ;)

Dragonfly said:
Damn Andre - triple all grain?! That's intense. I just did extract w' some specialty grains. If someone hadn't stolen my ipod I'd be upgrading to all grain right about now, but it might have to wait till christmas.
Yeah, the triple brew day just about wiped me out. I started at 10am, and finished cleaning up at 11pm. There's a lot of stuff to keep track of, so I was mentally exhausted too. But a month later, I had about 140 bottles to add to my beer stash. :)

All grain does make it harder to do double and triple brew days. But it's worth it IMO. Others will disagree. You can make beer that's just as good with extract, but you can't tweak the recipie like you can with AG.

Sorry to hear about the ipod. Its bad enough that you have to get another, but then you have to load it all back up again. :( Never mess with another man's iTunes!

I couldent handle multiple brews. Im near boil over everytime I boil. As my luck would have it, one would boil over and while im freakin out about that the others would go too! :)

Latest posts

Back