permanent gas piping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donshizzles

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to have some permanent steel propane pipes on my rig and I was wondering what the best size would be for propane. I believe the orifice to my jet burner is 3/4" so is it better to go with 3/4" all the way to the regulator hose or step down to 1/2" most of the way?

Depends on if it's high pressure propane or low pressure. LP propane requires larger diameter pipes and if the burner inlets are really 3/4" then I'd stick with that. HP propane will usually work on 3/8" but it doesn't hurt to just go with 1/2"

Well the INLET (singular) is 3/4" meaning the hole in the ring burner where the pipe attaches, not the jet nozzles themselves. I'm assuming its LP since I bought it from kitchensupplydirect.com

Depends on if it's high pressure propane or low pressure. LP propane requires larger diameter pipes and if the burner inlets are really 3/4" then I'd stick with that. HP propane will usually work on 3/8" but it doesn't hurt to just go with 1/2"

I am not trying to hijack the thread, but will LP propane work with 1/2" piping?

Back