The Malty Dog: Closing Oct. 6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wSelwyn

Reaction score
As some of you around the Detroit area may have heard, The Malty Dog of Southfield will be closing October 6th.

Here is their message from Facebook:

Malty Dog Brewery is closing our store October 6th.

Those that are close to us know that my wife Diana went through spine surgery a few months ago. Although she is recovering very well, it is unlikely that she will be able to work full time for quite sometime. This has unfortunately put us in a position where I can't continue pursuing this endeavor.

We are still contemplating opening anothe
r location with a production brewing system. However, we will need to secure just a few more investors to do it. In the meantime, I need to make sure we can pay our household bills.

We greatly appreciate all the support we’ve had over the past two years. We’ve made some really great friends and we love you all.

Keep an eye on out here for updated hours, clearance sales and updates.

Cheers gang!

I only made it there a few times in the past year. They never usually had the supplies I was looking for when I did make it (certain yeasts, malts, etc.), but their beer was good, so it made up for the trip!

I've been looking for a Homebrew Club in the area (been delaying due to constantly changing schedule), and I'm wondering what will happen to the club associated with the brewery?

We're looking for a new place to meet. There will be a final meeting at the Malty Dog on Oct 2nd to discuss possible options.

Did you guys come find a new location tonight?

The new home is CJ's Brewing Company, 8115 Richardson Road
Commerce Township, MI 48382

We meet the 2nd Tuesday of each month. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll add you to the list and send you a reminder of the meetings.

Jim
Primary Fermenter

Back