Specific gravity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbrew77

Reaction score
I am brewing a twisted mist kit. The original SG was 1.098. Now its 1.010. It is supposed to be at .998. Do I just wait a couple more days?????

Not sure, those are the only 2 readings I have taken. The kit instructions say to let it sit a couple more days and check the SG again. If it is done falling will that have a bad effect on the wine?

well first never trust a kits time table. they almost alway rush the brewer to the bottle so they can sell more kits. assuming it is done falling your wine will be fairly sweet tasting. but seeing as your aiming for 0.998 i would say your either not done fermenting or stuck. only your next SG reading will tell. just leave it in the primary till the SG stops falling.

wait a few more days. there's nothing wrong with it hitting 0.999 in primary, even though kits will say to rack to secondary around 1.010.

Ok, checked the SG today and it is still at 1.010. I figured that fermentation was stuck so I added some yeast and will let it sit a few more days. Is that the right thing to do?

you can try warming it up a few degrees. add yeast nutrient. shake the carboy gently to get the yeast back up into suspension.

Also, for the twisted mist (mojito and strawberry margarita) do you think both flavors have the same wine base and just a different F-pack?

Back