• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Blichmann Therminator with Backflush and fittings - $160 Shipped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw, received the unit today. Was not brand new, will post pics soon plus all of the trub and hops in it. Wth? Why misrepresent on this forum? I expect to pay reasonable price and get what is advertised, my bad! I will flush this out about ten times before I use it. Caveat emptor!

This unit was mounted on my brew setup for a short while, but was never hooked up. No wort has ever been passed through that unit. That's a fact. I didn't write NIB, I wrote it was new and had not been used, so no box accompanied it.

Does this look like a brand new Blichmann to anyone?

photo-17.jpg

Looks like it needs a little cleaning. Its stainless so no worries there. It doesn't look unused though.

or kind of like it sat outside in the rain and what not and got a bunch of junk going in. See if you flush any spiders out when you clean it

Flushed it out today, just trub and hops. Needs one more cleaning cycle. So now I'm into this $160 (for my not NEW therminator) and about two hours of my time, a whole lot of PBW and propane - looks like $199 for new is a good deal!

The chiller will be fine, again the point is the misrepresentation! I like the fact that I can (for the most part) trust this community more than I can the average schmuck on Craigslist. This was just disappointing.

There's the potential issue with buying from someone that has just 7 posts (including all of the ones in this thread). There's no difference between a new account and the schmuck on craigslist. At least it was cleanable and you still end up with something worth the cash (minus the cleaning time and materials).

yeah and the value of really nice pictures on pricey things... I would bake it if i was you that way you know it is at the max clean you can get it

contribute a feedback score to the OP? save somebody else your pain on down the road?

The OP is a freaking scumbag plain and simple. **** YOU SCUMBAG!

I disagree. He shipped the chiller and it wasn't as perfect as described. In the end, the buyer has a CHILLER. Settle down.

I disagree. He shipped the chiller and it wasn't as perfect as described. In the end, the buyer has a CHILLER. Settle down.

Are you serious? The OP LIED to make a sale for more than his product is worth if he told the truth. If that's not a scumbag move, I don't know what is.

Are you serious? The OP LIED to make a sale for more than his product is worth if he told the truth. If that's not a scumbag move, I don't know what is.

A scumbag takes the money and doesn't ship the product.

A dishonest seller sells things untruthfully, but you still have SOMETHING.

Semantics. Learn them.

Onthekeg why are you defending the OP?

Maybe you don't like the term "scumbag?"

Bottom line if the OP wanted to make it right and not be a "dishonest seller" he should refund a couple bucks and apologize. Then it would be water under the bridge.

Lesson learned here though, beware of low posts and no actual pics if you're buying.

I am just trying to state that the seller did ship the product. I have bought items from ebay where I paid and NEVER received a damn thing. 2x in one year, then paypal said I can't make another claim, so I quit using ebay. I agree it is not as advertised, but he did receive something.

Granted he did recieve something, but the item he recieved was completley misrepresented. That's a scumbag move in my books.

So a guy says the car is brand new but never used and sells you for a ok price and then you get the car and somebody already had an orgy in it and forget to change the oil and take out all the used condoms, oh and only 1/2 tank of gas...

Difference ?? I think the same..

( I was actually gunna buy this one right away but thought twice once I saw 7 posts.. ) here's a beer for onthekeg

I have gotten a chuckle out of this thread. You guys don't let anything drop. So the guy got something that was not advertised. Move along nothing more to see here.

I'm wondering where the OP is now. Laughing on his way to the bank?

I feel sorry for the buyer that he had to hassle with this but at least he got "something."

I ping'd him to see if he'd kick me back $20 for misrepresentation with no response (hey, if you don't ask!) I flushed it once more and there is only a little gunk left in it. Look for my double therminator chiller DIY thread for superfast chilling of 20 gallon batches with whirlpool..... I may need a larger pump though, not sure if my 815 will have enough oomph for a good 20 gallon whirlpool!

It sucks when someone on here is such a scumbag! Never been used is never been used plain and simple, no need to defend the OP in this thread! If he has been honest and said only used once or maybe a couple times then it would be different.
Brew-on.....

Most people with a history at HBT are great, trustworthy people. You clearly found the exception to the rule. Marked or not, have no interest in doing business with the OP. Karma is a *****.,,

The OP did send it, but its pretty crappy that he lied. The price was pretty much FMV for a used Therminator and there was really no reason to lie.. Odd...

Back