Making a keezer (Jester Clone) and have a few questions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notaburger

Reaction score
Howdy all. I think that I'm finally ready to start working on my keezer build. I have a couple questions first though.

1) How much depth is everyone putting in their coffin to allow for the shanks and hoses? Right now, I am allocating 4 inches. I will likely be using the 3/4" insulation from Lowes to insulate the coffin. Is this enough space?

2) How far out do the perlick faucets stick from the face of mounting board? I looked around google for the dimensions of the faucets but came up empty. I suppose that I can wait for my faucets to check this for myself, but if someone knows, it would cure my curiosity. :D

FYI, I am going to likely purchase this set from Keg Connection:
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=336

Here are a couple pictures of my designs.
I'm leaning towards the single slab of granite design right now.

keezer3.png

keezer_granite_slab.png

Awsome design and I plan on making one of these soon. My only issue with what you plan on buying is that fact that the shanks are 5 1/8 inches when you want 4 inches of space. I think you are gonna need either more space or go with the 3 inch shanks. As far as how far the faucest stick out idk.

Happy brewing

Wish i had the luxury to have the taps outside of the keezer. My little ones would open them up and drain my beer!
Have everything inside at the moment.

Wish i had the luxury to have the taps outside of the keezer. My little ones would open them up and drain my beer!

I don't have "little ones" yet, but I do have 2 dogs. That's why I'm going with the coffin and not the collar design. I am fighting off the urge to go with the picnic taps to start out. I assume that if I start with them, I'll have no motivation to ever buy and install real taps.

tmeier45 said:

Buy faucet locks, maybe?

I just need to insulate the pvc, throw on the back, and then make the side walls.

It's not perfect, but it'll do.

:rockin:

IMG_20110702_212329.jpg

IMG_20110702_212342.jpg

Hello, I know this is nearly 1.5 yrs old now, but I never saw a finished product. I'm about to start my coffin keezer build and your PVC tubing manifold is interesting. I've already purchased two fans to recirc air but the PVC caught my eye and I'm wondering how it worked out.

Latest posts

Back