dortmunder secondary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no it's not nessasary but it's a part of the process that you'll need to figure out for yourself at some point whether or not your going to use a secondary.

Again It's not required...

I'd leave in primary at least 21 to 25 days depending on OG reading you started with....
I'd aim for 65 temp mark as that seems to be my sweet spot so far.

At around 21 days take a few SG readings and if it's stable for 3 days time to bottle. If you want wait longer as things get better with age.

My og was originally in the 1.080 range. I dilutted my batch to 6 gallon to bring it down to 1.070. This seems almost 20. Points high to me. I used almost 10 lbs of malt. 1/2 lb was an amber dry malt. I think 6 lbs of pilsen dry malt and 3.3 lbs of I believe Munich liquid malt. I will check for sure when I get off work. It was hopped at beginning at 10 minutes to go and at end of boil. 45 minute boil. I will also check names of hops at home. Do you think this will still turn out and what effect will the higher og have? Thanks for all your help. Tim

Back