Aluminum bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tshinefield

Reaction score
At a Christmas party this afternoon I couldn't help but notice 16 ouch aluminum cans resemble 22 ounce bombers (but smaller). Has anybody filled and caps these aluminum cans? I had to open a fresh one and then recap it to to see if it held pressure or leaked, it did great.

Thoughts....?

ForumRunner_20121225_212835.jpg

Yup they work great, they are only good for a few times before the caps stop sealing so just keep that in mind.

I have a hand capper... since my post I have seen several other post on the subject. With mixed results it seams many have tried them with mixed results. Bottom line it sounds like the it work fine. Good thing I have multiple kegs. Maybe an option if I run out of glass bomber and need a few extra container when I need to bottle.

PS: I did get some small dents on the top of the aluminium can when i recapped. Probably not a long term solution...

PSS: As a Bronco's fan i could easily add a simple Bronco's log over the Bud Light logo and it will go great with the blue, white and orange color sceam.

I've bottled in Coors Light aluminum Screw Tops and they hold pressure. Use them for places that don't like glass bottles such as beach or parks...

Not sure how many batches these aluminum bottles will last for as I've only done it three times but... Kinda think they may be done...

Only downfall - you have to buy and drink Coors Light ;)

I have a hand capper... since my post I have seen several other post on the subject. With mixed results it seams many have tried them with mixed results. Bottom line it sounds like the it work fine.

Don't you have to use a bench capper?

I'd think a bench capper would be the right way, since there doesn't seem to be a place for a wing capper to grab the neck - probably the reason for the inconsistent results.

Back