Pliny not carbing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tipharet

Reaction score
Brewed a pliny a bit over a month ago and primed/bottled this past saturday. Bottles have been carbing for a week and they are very lightly carbed but nowhere near finished. All my other brews carbed within a week. As far as the priming surgery goes I used a bit less that 4oz because I ended up with about 4 gallons when all was said and done.

I admit that it's also been cooler here so I doubt the beer has been carbing at a constant 70. If there is some carbonation, considering the time and temperature is there still some hope that it will fully carb but just with another couple of weeks?

I also forgot to not that I used some caps I bought off amazon for the first time, could this be the culprit?

It's normal for full bottle carbonation to take 3 weeks. Especially in higher gravity beers. Give it some time....

In general bigger beers take longer to carb up. At a week, you have nothing to worry about. Give it another 2 weeks and see whats up. Unfortunately, you just need to wait it out. The yeast have their own schedule and they don't give a damn what yours is.

Back