Can't decide!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eliterunner1

Reaction score
I've made one all grain kit so far that turned out amazing, but know I have no idea what I want to make next! Please help!

That's a nice problem to have ;) What do you like? My next few batches are (in no particular order) a Scottish 70 or 80 Shilling, a Cream Ale, a Vanilla Robust Porter, an APA with Nelson Sauvign, and an American IPA with Citra. Unless I change my mind.

How bout an Arogant Bastard Clone, I have a recipe that I got online and its pretty much right on

What do you like to drink? I'm crazy about IPAs, but I made an oatmeal stout yesterday, and I think next will be a hoppy American amber followed by a brown porter.

so many beers, so little time! :D

I have a lot of recipes posted (under my avatar under the "recipe" click down), from Dead Guy clone to the oatmeal stout I made yesterday. If one of them sounds good, you could easily make any of those.

Well this last batch I made was the Surly Bitter Brewer pro series kit and it turned out really great. Yooper I might just have to check out some of your recipes! College started up again and it's killing my time but I want to keep the rotation going

Well this last batch I made was the Surly Bitter Brewer pro series kit and it turned out really great. Yooper I might just have to check out some of your recipes! College started up again and it's killing my time but I want to keep the rotation going

You did the surly bitter last? Then it's time for one of two things, depending on what you prefer. Either a malt bomb or a hop bomb! Totally different than the bitter (which is great).

I prefer extreme hop over extreme malt! Is Surly Furious pretty good?

Pick a half a dozen or so kits/recipes that sound good. List them all on slips of paper. Put the slips in a box or something and draw them. Brew them all in that order!:ban:

Pick a half a dozen or so kits/recipes that sound good. List them all on slips of paper. Put the slips in a box or something and draw them. Brew them all in that order!:ban:

An intriguing proposition Sir!

I prefer extreme hop over extreme malt! Is Surly Furious pretty good?

good would be the understatement of the century. IMO it is truly one of the great beers made in the world.

Besides being delicious, it marches to the beat of its own drum, different than most of the IPAs out there, and lets face it even most of the good IPAs out there are quite homogeneous.

If I were you(and I'm also a hophead), I would either get the NB furious kit, brew skeezers zombie dust, or use a basic IPA grain bill like

10 lbs 2 row
.5 lb crystal 40 or 60
.5 lb dextrin malt(carapils, carafoam, ect)
and some corn sugar if you like your IPAs on the dry side

then use whatever hops you can get your hands on, citra, chinook, amarillo, simcoe, cascade, and centenial would all be good choices and hop accordingly

use a 60 min addition to get you to 60-80 IBU's
(hopville can help you figure out the recipe)
then from 20 minutes to flame out add somewhere between 3-6 ounces at different intervals

dry hop with another 2-3 oz.

Basically any combination of those hops is going to taste good.

:mug:

I think I'm going to have to order up that Surly Furious kit see how it goes. I just hate how northern brewer reworked their shipping prices....but the Bitter Brewer kit turned out so good I guess it's worth it.

If I were you(and I'm also a hophead), I would either get the NB furious kit, brew skeezers zombie dust, or use a basic IPA grain bill like

10 lbs 2 row
.5 lb crystal 40 or 60
.5 lb dextrin malt(carapils, carafoam, ect)
and some corn sugar if you like your IPAs on the dry side

then use whatever hops you can get your hands on, citra, chinook, amarillo, simcoe, cascade, and centenial would all be good choices and hop accordingly

use a 60 min addition to get you to 60-80 IBU's
(hopville can help you figure out the recipe)
then from 20 minutes to flame out add somewhere between 3-6 ounces at different intervals

dry hop with another 2-3 oz.

I did this same method for my harvest ale except that it was an extract and I adjusted for wet hops accordingly, but you can't go wrong with its simplicity!

Back