stc-1000 problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamburgeler

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I put together my fermentation chamber using the stc-1000 and a Kenmore 5.1 foot freezer. As of yesterday, the display is reading "1.7.2." instead of the "17.2" that is has been showing all week. It still seems to be working correctly, but I cannot figure out what those extra dots/perioids mean. They are slightly bigger and brighter too. Any thoughts? I will try to post a picture. I did try searching but could not find an answer anywhere. Everything appears to be hooked up properly. I appreciate any help, thanks.

ForumRunner_20120826_153224.jpg

Weird. I just looked at the two of mine that I'm running at the moment, the one on my keezer, and the one I have hooked up to my ghetto sous-vide machine for dinner, and neither of them appear to actually have a LED point where those two extra dots are. I thought maybe the displays were generic (maybe they are and my eyes are just bad) and there actually are locations at those points that could be triggered, but I can't see them.

Given the intensity of those dots, it almost seems like there is a higher voltage leaking someplace and hitting the contact for those LED points on the board.
I would disconnect and verify all of your connections and make sure you don't have any stray wires touching where they shouldn't be. If it continues after that, you may have a controller that's gone bad.

Thanks krazydave. I did just that the other day, everything was tightly connected and appeared to be correct. I have very limited electrical knowledge (more like none) but had followed the original build to the letter. When I plugged it back in the lights were still lit. Oddly enough, I just checked on it and the dots are gone. I have no idea why, as far as I can tell they just turned off. Everything is seemingly still working and my pumpkin ale is at 17.2. Thank you again.

Latest posts

Back