Waterloo Dark

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamatuna

Reaction score
Hey

Just wondering if anyone has an all grain Waterloo dark clone?
i love that beer and would love to make a clone of it :)

"Looks dark, tastes light. It's Ontario's favourite dark lager. A dark beer that is slowly brewed with Canadian grown malted barley, specialty coloured malts, imported hops and pure cultured brewers yeast. Waterloo Dark is for the beer drinker who likes a dark craft brewed beer without the filling heaviness.

Waterloo Dark is an excellent match for wild game, Caribou steaks, pheasant, roast duck or even wild boar. A perfect addition as an ingredient and just as easy to drink with the meal."

never had it, but I'd suggest finding a decent pale lager recipe and add enough Carafa Special II to get it to ~30 SRM. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but its a start.

I too would love to find a clone recipe (Waterloo dark is one of my favorite beers that I have found nigh impossible to get Stateside).

sorry for the zombie thread, but I am also wondering if anyone has tried to make a clone of Brick's Waterloo Dark. I travel to Waterloo Ontario on business occasionally and do like this beer. any thing changed in the past few years on this front?

Back