Starters get me excited...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gallagherman

Reaction score
Just inoculated my starter for Saturday's brew: Scottish 70/-. Making a starter for me is so exciting, really pumps me up for the brew. Can't wait.

Just inoculated my starter for Saturday's brew: Scottish 70/-. Making a starter for me is so exciting, really pumps me up for the brew. Can't wait.

Same here. Just replace Scottish 70 with 10/10/10 Devil May Cry. Got my 1 gal starter all ready to go for tomorrow.

I just finished making a pretty big beer (a 1.060 India Brown Ale) and using the standard Wyeast Propagator and its 2L starter. I'd like to find someone who's got a really efficient technique for making a starter worked out, and some sort of easy guide or table as to how much starter is actually required to do a particular volume / SG of beer. I've only made starters a few times (usually I just pitch an Activator, with good results), and I've found them to be a PITA.

Back