Cthulhu themed mead?!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brann_mac_Finnchad

Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas on a mead for a Cthulhu themed party--any suggestions? My mind is a blank on this one....

And I've already discarded the idea of sushi flavoured mead, so don't even think about it, lol

Have you considered adding some herbs to alter the color of the mead to a green color? Maybe something similar to the stuff used in absinthe?

I had to google it.
Pineapple, coconut, mandarin, wasabi, kiwi, ginger, curry?
Those last four sound intriguing--maybe a kiwi/ginger mead...

Have you considered adding some herbs to alter the color of the mead to a green color? Maybe something similar to the stuff used in absinthe?
Yup, and it's wormwood that's in absinthe...not sure if I actually want to go mad, especially if the world Doesn't end.

Has anyone successfully made a thallassionmel (prob. butchered the spelling, sea water mead)?

I would make a braggot with anise, wormwood, fennel and dark chocolate. And it should be crazy strong and oak aged to infinity and beyond.

For grains I'd use pale ale, some crystal, peat smoked malt. Fairly simple.

Not sure if I'd use hops, but maybe some earthy hops like Fuggles? In small dosage.

Edit: damn... I gotta remember this recipe.

Kiwi is a flavour easily swamped by others. Heat it and it's like apple i.e. it changes taste completely.
Noted--don't heat kiwi. I try not to heat the fruit anyways.

I would make a braggot with anise, wormwood, fennel and dark chocolate. And it should be crazy strong and oak aged to infinity and beyond.

For grains I'd use pale ale, some crystal, peat smoked malt. Fairly simple....
That sounds good--think I'll take note of that recipe as well. Three liquorish flavoured herbs though?

Back