A great birthday gift-----kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer-lord

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My wife took her mom to Sam's to get groceries. They got back and I went to the car to help bring them in and what do I see? A brand new Haier Kegerator!
It's not the one I would have gotten and I was still thinking about building but hey, what can I say bad about this?
It's the Haier® Beer Dispensing Tap System - Stainless. I've read that you can fit 3 corny's in it but I wonder if I can convert it to a dual or tri tap. Anyone done this?
I think I'll need a bigger tank too. All ideas appreciated.

Does it say how many cubic ft the fridge is?

I have 6.4 cu ft Haier that fits 3 cornies rather snugly. Sure there is some wasted space at the front corner, but I wouldn't count on an easy time of it with less than 5-5.5 cu ft.

I've got a Haier that I run a triple tower on. I actually got it the same way, my wife was tired of me always having bottles around the house.

Awesome..HB by the way.

Ya can do one of two things,

1. Get a 2-3 tower
2. Drill 2 more 7/8 holes in the door and buy some shanks and faucets.

I have a kegerator with just a single tower but also thinking about drilling 2 more holes in the door for 2 more taps. Cheaper I would think.

Ya still would have to get a manifold/splitter for your co2 tank so ya can add more kegs off the same tank. Cheers, and happy birthday

Does it say how many cubic ft the fridge is?

I have 6.4 cu ft Haier that fits 3 cornies rather snugly. Sure there is some wasted space at the front corner, but I wouldn't count on an easy time of it with less than 5-5.5 cu ft.

Says it "converts to a 6.4 cubic foot refrigerator". Rough measurements look at though 3 won't be a problem. Not sure if I can use a larger CO2 tank or not inside.

I have an email into kegconnection asking them their thoughts and ideas on converting to a tri tap.
At this point, I think a tower would be best. I'd rather not touch the front of the door and leave the taps on top where the drip tray is.
Thanks for the info guys.

Beer-lord said:
Says it "converts to a 6.4 cubic foot refrigerator". Rough measurements look at though 3 won't be a problem. Not sure if I can use a larger CO2 tank or not inside.

I have an email into kegconnection asking them their thoughts and ideas on converting to a tri tap.
At this point, I think a tower would be best. I'd rather not touch the front of the door and leave the taps on top where the drip tray is.
Thanks for the info guys.

Bingo, mine had precisely the same wording and size.
You of course have options for the faucets, I do recommend the triple tower.
Keep in mind, with 3 cornies there won't be much room to play- so don't go crazy mounting anything permanently inside. Anywhere that makes sense WILL be in the way.

I think I'm going to order this one for my Haier kegerator. There are very few companies I can find that offer this set up.

3 tap.jpg

I think I'm going to order this one for my Haier kegerator. There are very few companies I can find that offer this set up.

If you already have the kegerator, then you don't need the regulator. You wouldn't need to buy that as a "setup", you can buy some of it individually at places that have it for the lowest cost. For example, I bought the triple tower for $150 off eBay, including shipping, and the rest of the parts from Keg Connection.

Back