Can I get some help with a recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wraith

Reaction score
A friend of mine has asked me to brew a Dos Equis clone and I'm still really new at reading recipes and brewing in general. I'm using this recipe and am confused on the brewing steps.

Can someone tell me the steps to enter each ingredient? I see the timing for the hops but I'm unsure when to put in the rice solids, DME, LME, etc.

Thanks for any help offered.

Do you have the ability to create a lager? If so, what equipment do you have at your disposal to make said beer?

Since the ingredients aren't part of that recipe (questionable recipe, if you ask me, but you didn't), I would steep the grains for 20 minutes in 150-160 degree water, remove them, and bring that liquid up to a boil. Add the extracts and rice solids. Bring that to a boil, and start with the hops.

Keep in mind that Dos Equis is a lager, and using an ale yeast at ale temperatures won't clone Dos Equis.

No, I don't have the ability to lager. From the instructions in the recipe I would ferment as an ale.

I only have the normal equipment to brew, kettle, immersion chiller, fermenting vessel, etc.

Since the ingredients aren't part of that recipe (questionable recipe, if you ask me, but you didn't), I would steep the grains for 20 minutes in 150-160 degree water, remove them, and bring that liquid up to a boil. Add the extracts and rice solids. Bring that to a boil, and start with the hops.

Keep in mind that Dos Equis is a lager, and using an ale yeast at ale temperatures won't clone Dos Equis.

Hmmm, didn't notice any questions raised from the previous posts about that.

Not questioning your judgment or anything.

No, I don't have the ability to lager. From the instructions in the recipe I would ferment as an ale.

I only have the normal equipment to brew, kettle, immersion chiller, fermenting vessel, etc.

Well, you can create something similar to Dos Equis, but it is a lager so your ale will not be the same. Not that the previous recipe is wrong, but it doesn't seem like a Dos Equis to me...

A friend of mine has asked me to brew a Dos Equis clone and I'm still really new at reading recipes and brewing in general. I'm using this recipe and am confused on the brewing steps.

Can someone tell me the steps to enter each ingredient? I see the timing for the hops but I'm unsure when to put in the rice solids, DME, LME, etc.

Thanks for any help offered.

Until you can lager leave this one alone. It will be no ware close to DOSXXes. If you are doing in amber one look up vienna lager.

Back