Ready to brew but my equipment isn't...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm747

Reaction score
I was getting ready to brew this morning and found a stain in the bottom of my fermenter. It's a little pink dot, no idea how it got there and water doesn't take it out. I just put some oxyclean in there and its sitting. I hope that takes it out. Also, my BRAND NEW false bottom from Northernbrewer has rust on it where the false bottom bends up from where it sits flat on the bottom of the keg. Should I worry about this since its in my MT? Should I throw oxyclean in there to scrub it out? I cleaned it earlier this week and I guess the water sitting in there caused it...

Thanks!

Tim

Stainless will rust over time but it will come off ok with some basic cleaners. You may find it will pit over time in that spot if you don't dry your equipment after cleaning it.

The pink spot? I'd say use the fermenter after cleaning it well with oxyclean and warm water. Sanitize it well.

I don't know what pink is, but whatever it is, it is living. The only thing I want living in my fermentor is yeast. I say kill it with bleach. That pink stuff needs to die!

The pink is just one little dot that is a stain on the bottom of the fermenter. Almost like a piece of candy or something was thrown in it and it sat all winter (which didn't happen and I couldn't find anything in there).

I'll grab the bleach...

Thanks.

Tim

:EDITED:

Back