Electrical noob needs serious help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Concho

Reaction score
I'm building an electric HLT for my all grain set up and it's making me feel really stupid, not a new feeling to me when dealing with electrical stuff. This is what I got so far : 1 big ass SS Pot, Auber PID, 40amp SSR with heat sink, 1/2" thermocoupler for PID, 2000 watt element, SS Lock washer, and several bulkheads (valve, sight glass and thermo, whirlpool).

I need a project box, pump for whirlpool and what else am I missing? What size project box (I want one big enough to convert to full electric set up later)? I'm wanting a fairly simple control panel with the pid, emergency off, and pump switch. Is there anything else I need? anything else I need

Your system sounds a lot like mine. Here is my layout and eletrical diagram, as well as my parts list. You can fund my build thread here and a research thread here.

If you want more details for the items list, I can send you ann excel file.

Parts.jpg

brew kettle1.jpg

electrical2.jpg

Thank you, I can definitely use that and adapt it to 120v. I appreciate the help.

Back