"Saved by the buoyancy of citrus" Shrimp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brakeman_Brewing

Reaction score
In addition to a very successful druck chicken on the grill last night, I also threw together a nice little shrimp dish as an appetizer, except because of drucken mishaps it was a post-appetizer. Sorry no pictures this time :(

I hope someone out there gets the reference to the recipe name

"Saved by the buoyancy of citrus" Shrimp

8-10 raw Jumbo 'easy-peel' shrimp
1 lime
1 lemon
Some lime juice
A bunch of cilantro
A dash of sea salt

-Slice the lemon and lime into awesome looking discs
-Peel shrimp but leave the tail attached
-In a bowl mix together shrimp, lime juice, salt and cilantro
-Let rest for 5 or 10 minutes, the lime juice will sort of "cook" the shrimp
-On a decent sized sheet of aluminum foil dump the contents of the bowl, and arrange lemon and lime slices amongst the shrimp and juices
-Wrap the aluminum foil up around the shrimp making an aluminum foil burrito of sorts and place onto a preheated grill on medium-medium low for about 15-20 minutes.

This basically steams the shrimp in all that good juice and makes an awesome refreshing appetizer. MMMMMMMM.

It took a while for the juices and everything to get steaming, so I just used a guesstimate time frame. I should just say until cooked.

I don't see why not, I haven't made this with prawns before but these shrimp were just as big.

Sorry mate, the /s was the sarcasm switch ;)

We don't have "Shrimp" here in Aus... they are all "Prawns"

But I'll give teh recipe a try, and scale back the time factor to less than 2 mins per side.

Cheers!

I nearly shat myself when I saw prawns this big while walking along the markets in Paton Beach, Thailand. They call them U5 size (under 5 per pound).. That's right! 1/4 lb Prawns

ebi.jpg

That's a 34cm (13.5") cutting board

Back