Conan in a Kolsch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrapinj

Reaction score
Any tried this or something similar or have any feedback on how well it would work?

I think the fruity esters could work nicely with a simple grainbill and minimal hops but this will be my 1st time using Conan.

I will def be using it in an IPA soon but was planning on brewing a kolsch next to allow it time to lager.

Alright, I'll bite. What is Conan? Am I completely out of touch with the new hop strains?

Isn't a kolsch by definition a beer that uses kolsch yeast strains? Is Conan a kolsch strain?

Based on the clean, hoppy character of a kolsch beer, I would think Conan would work. Do you have a source for Conan, or are you harvesting it from a can of HT?

I know there had been some speculation that Conan was indeed at one point a kolsch strain. Personally I think it would be delicious.

Harvested from a can, about to step it up again later today.

I know the style is essentially defined by the yeast but from what I've read I think Conan could work great if the esters aren't too upfront but I don't see many people using it in non hop forward beers

Sounds like a fun beer to experiment on. Should be peachy if fermented low. Please post your recipe and results when you have them. Interested in what happens!

Back