I love brew day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lespaul23

Reaction score
Despite all the work, the washing, cleaning and sanitizing, then brewing then more washing and cleaning, I still look forward to it. Today I'm moving a pumpkin ale to secondary, washing the yeast from it and brewing a dead guy clone. I can't wait for this one. Should have a 1.065 gravity. My 2 step starter is finished and boy is there a lot of yeast in the flask.

Never tried a sip of dead guy before but it was recommended to me by someone's who knows my pallet well.

I'm going to make some lunch, crank some tunes and get started! :rockin:

Happy Wednesday everyone!! Haha

Brewing a dunkle on Saturday, then leaving for Japan on Sunday. When I get back should be time to cold crash and keg that sucker. Brewdays are glorious days.

My brew day got cancelled early today due to a shortage of grain :(

I will be back on for tomorrow though :)

Dead guy clone done. Making my DFH 90min clone starter tomorrow. Will brew that this weekend.

Mmmnnn DFH!!!

Brew days are beautiful days. Put a smoked barleywine into the fermenter this past Saturday, and even though it won't really be ready for a year and I've been doing this for a decade, I'm excited like it's my first brew.

-Rich

I am really looking forward to brewing this weekend because it's supposed to be in the 60's around here! Can't wait! I'll be getting the yeast goin on the stirplate tomorrow and getting my new mash tun manifold set up. The preparation for brew day is just as fun!

Back