San Fran for the weekend...suggestions..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Head north to Santa Rosa and hit up Russian River Brewing. They have a good selection of beers there and the food is good too.

Russian River is a must! Best IPA selection in the country IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

What part of town are you staying in?

If you are actually in SF I would stop by Speakeasy Brewery today from 4-9 for firkin fridays. Theres usually 80 plus people for $3 beers, and the brewer give tours.

Magnolia, 21st Amendment, and Thirsty Bear are all good brewpubs.

Russian River is awesome, but its an hour drive out of the city. If you don't want to travel too far, I would drive over to Berkley/Oakland and stop by Beer Revolution, the trappist, and Triple Rock.

How about southeast of there in the Pleasonton area? I will be heading there in the next week or so.

Well, there is Hopyard Bar & Grill. They normally have a decent selection. If you come over the hill into Hayward you have Buffalo Bill's and the B Street Bistro, both within easy access to the BART station.

Drive half hour to Marin County, Marin Brewing, great brewpub with one of the best IPA's ever.

If you want to go to bars, check out Lucky 13 at Church and Market (say hi to my sister Laura W-Sa. nights) cheapest Pliney $4 pint.

I've never been to Toranado, but they have the best draft selection...547 Haight Street

Also, really like Zeitgeist Bar 199 Valencia St
(at Duboce Ave). It's a bicycle/motorcycle bar with a great back patio for all kinds of adventure...

Ok. If you are staying in Union square I highly suggest going to Church Key in North Beach. The have a large selection of bottles and a few good drafts. Then hit up Rogue also in North Beach. And can't forget La Trappe which has also a great beer menu. Toranado has a huge selection it's in lower Haight. Marin Brewing Company in Larkspur. Iron Springs in Fairfax. Go to the Academy of Science in golden gate park. There is a restauran

Called the Moss Room. They have a great selection of classic cocktails. And another place to go would be the Presidio Social Club. More classic cocktails and amazing food. Good luck.

Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but Beach Chalet is a good place for lunch, good beer and incredible view. Go place to go if you are traveling with a woman. Not too chickish though. Awesome reuse of an old park building.

Don't let the name fool you... when my wife suggested it, I was like "say what... don't think so!" Pleasantly surprised.

if you feel like a little drive, you can head to the sonoma area. lagunitas,russian river,bear republic,moylans,marin brewing,downtown joes, all sorts in that area.

Back